JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What do you folks want at the next Joe Meet?  (Read 3000 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
What do you folks want at the next Joe Meet?
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:41:51 AM »

I'm in the early planning stages of the next Canadian Joe Meet, and I'm curious to know what you guys would like to have/see at the next one?

Keep in mind, the meet doesn't happen if we don't have dealers set up!... and apparently they've been such a blast, some folks that had tables in previous years - don't want one now so they can have "fun". (You "can" do both you know!) ;-)

So, let me hear it. Space could be an issue with some items, but a few things that will always be a mainstay at the Joe Meet is the following:

Dealer Tables - Purchase items.
Sit & Trade section - TRADE your items or sit and gab about Joes.
Freebie Tables - Bring items you no longer want, take items you need!
Custom & Diorama display section.

We've also had the Joe vs. Cobra wrestling, Custom contest, and Speed painting before.
Those I have no problem continuing either.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What do you folks want at the next Joe Meet?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:27:59 AM »

Wrestling is a must, not an option.

I've been meaning to float speed painting with Ryan. I can try to get the parts together to do another speed painting contest, but I am thinking of a "bring a figure and pay a dollar, no figure pay $3" instead. The figure parts would be collected at registration then randomly redistributed before the session.

That takes the pressure off my fodder bin and works as a plus for the vendors. I like the idea of doing it again, but resourcing it is a bit of a challenge. 

Also, what do people think of mixing in some new sculpt randomness?

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »

If we do a place that has seperate rooms (like the hotel), I'd like to see a customizing/sculpting/molding "class" - maybe Loop could do it?
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:12:31 PM »

Just an FYI, I'm working on deal to get the hall (for the dealers/trades/freebies) and two meeting rooms. 1 for wrestling (assuming the cost isn't high), and 1 for signatures (if we get the guest I want), as well as anything else we need it for (painting comp), Loop, etc.

IF... (big if), IF I can get a break on those (who has a meeting on a Saturday?!), then we will have at least the hall and one room.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »

I would LOVE to have someone teach us how to cast parts. I would pay $10.00 to sit in on a casting session and learn what to do. I don't know if anyone locally does this or not but with more and more of our American friends joining us, maybe one of regular casters would be willing to set up a table. This is something I've wanted to know how to do for years and if I did know how to do it I would be willing to help Mike every year with parts for his figures.

That hands down for me would be the greatest new addition to Joe Canuck.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"

I've been meaning to float speed painting with Ryan. I can try to get the parts together to do another speed painting contest, but I am thinking of a "bring a figure and pay a dollar, no figure pay $3" instead. The figure parts would be collected at registration then randomly redistributed before the session.

That takes the pressure off my fodder bin and works as a plus for the vendors. I like the idea of doing it again, but resourcing it is a bit of a challenge. 

I'm willing to do it again, and plan to have a vender table set up that can act as Speed Painting HQ.

So just to clarrify, you're saying people can assemble frankenjoes, and give them to us to get a $2 rebate on entry, or can show up with just their painting skills and a dream and it would cost $3. Not a bad idea. And I have no problem with new sculpt parts.

Last year I snagged a bunch of vehicle parts with another Scrapheap in mind. If the idea was popular, I'd be willing to do it again.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »

Raps, Scrams, if you're going to discuss the Speed painting, let's leave it out of this thread. I'd like to have input in this thread - not a conversation. ;-)  :lol:

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:17:51 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "Raptor"

I'm willing to do it again, and plan to have a vender table set up that can act as Speed Painting HQ.

So just to clarrify, you're saying people can assemble frankenjoes, and give them to us to get a $2 rebate on entry, or can show up with just their painting skills and a dream and it would cost $3. Not a bad idea. And I have no problem with new sculpt parts.

Last year I snagged a bunch of vehicle parts with another Scrapheap in mind. If the idea was popular, I'd be willing to do it again.

i know me and nfc will need a custom table for our figs. what we had l;ast yr was great.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!