JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My Lifesize Snake Eyes WIP  (Read 6904 times)

SID

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://neoengel.com
My Lifesize Snake Eyes WIP
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:01 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Sid, you have some good stuff your website as well.  It's one thing to create figure customs but full blown costumes are amazing.

I really appreciate the feedback, thanks a bunch :)

I do my best to present them well enough so that people who aren't into as much as us Joe fans, say "hey, that's cool" or "I can totoally see thatin a movie".  Just doing my part to keep the retro-goodness alive and represent Joe fans as best as possible... while having loads of fun in the process ;)

The only thing withthem is to have somebody fill them out.  Dave, Jason and Bryce can back me up on this, but in Orlando I saw guys and a gal in custumes.  They would have been more impressive if the guys that wore them actually filled them out.  Some were baggy.  And some of the guys that wore them should have hit a gym for a year.

Good point.  That's the issue I see as a difference in costuming and cosplay.  Us costumers take a look at what can be done, and how it will present well...sadly that art seems to be lacking with the new crop sucked into cosplay - as they tend to base their desired look on anatomically impossible/dificult characters.

Case in point, I'm 6 feet, 4 inches tall, 250lbs and have an advanced rank in JuJitsu as well as other martial arts.  I can say with some degree of confidence that I can fit the bill for Snake-Eyes as I look at the end product, and adjust the outfit accordingly.

It should be a no-brainer to realize it was largely made out of military gear (flightsuit, tac vest, leg holster, etc.).  Although I didn't make a copy of the figure in real life, I present what I think he'd look like in real life.

But I still say the life size Snake-Eyes WIP totally kicks @ss!  Congrats! :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Sid, host of the Snake-Eyes Tribute site
www.neoengel.com/snakeeyes

Sid\'s Snake-Eyes Costumes