JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Another collector I'm ashamed of  (Read 3075 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Another collector I'm ashamed of
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/GIJoeCollectorsClub
Joe Con contest winner.
It saddens me to see that the Predator Stealth mode won second place. Especially after I talked to several people at the Collectors club and from Hasbro two of whom did the judging, informing them that the entry was an illegal scam. This figure was a snap together model from Japan not a custom. I know because I have one. Another so called collector who should be ashamed of themselves for perpetrating such a fraud. I bet he also switches out figures at retail as well.

On a side note the Predator figure used was exactly like the one I traded Agent Loop for several years ago.
And I didn't write the persons information down because I was certain that Hasbro or the club was going to pull the figure from the contest.  Now I wish I did because he would be getting a nasty email.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:59:23 PM by Realboss »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Another collector I'm ashamed of
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »

Man, that's dirty pool. Shame on them for letting something like that in, never mind winning. It doesn't even have anything to do with G.I.Joe. You gotta suspect the "winner" was laughing at that one.

I should have sent you my Metal head figure and had you enter it for me. The head is a SDS cast, so I never even thought to send it to you. It would have fit in with this years set and you could have had any "prize money" they give out.

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

I apologize for being harsh but here is where I stand. These are pics of the figure I have.  Looks just like the one he used.  He gave an explanation as how he created the figure using a SDS head and even admits to using Hottoyz parts.  His figure had the exact same height, configuration, color and ball joint parts with no joe parts included.  Same figure?  It is to me.

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/realboss_2008/predator/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:50:48 PM by Realboss »

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »

From the information I have been recently given, I am in the wrong and wish to apologize all parties involved.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

Don't sweat it, dude. We all slip up here and there.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »

While I can appreciate great customization work, I don't see that figure being worthy of second place.  It looks ok from the pic, and clear plastic is nice, but at a JoeCon, I would personally give more credit in judging to all original works (new characters) or something actually Joe related before a custom of a non-Joe item.

Just personal opinion of course.