JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Have any of you messed with True Heroes stuff?  (Read 1828 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Have any of you messed with True Heroes stuff?
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

Next to the Joes at TRU is a line of military toys called True Heroes or something like that.  They have a bunch of 3 3/4" sized vehicles & playsets, and they're all reasonably priced.  I think the most expensive thing is a rocket transport that is absolutely huge for $50. 

Have any of you guys ever seen with or messed with this stuff?

The reason I ask is because they have a rather large, nice-looking patrol boat for $26 that I have been considering.  With a few custom painted parts (the weapons are, for some reason, maroon) and the removal of some others (brightly colored life preservers hanging on the side) I think this could be a nice custom Joe boat to rival the Moray (the two are about the same size).

I know it's not of the same quality as the Joe boat and the figures would promptly go in the never-gonna-use-em bin but I'm just curious if anyone else out there has seen or messed with these before.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
Re: Have any of you messed with True Heroes stuff?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:18:15 AM »

When I was at the TRU in Oakville on Saturday, I saw that same display and I was checking out that boat, too. I'm not into customizing (though I'd love to learn - especially the painting). I concentrate on photography and that boat or chopper or even the helicopter would look great with the Joes. One of the reasons I've been interested in the 3 3/4" is for the photography. I could see a lot of amazing shots with the True Heroes stuff.

Here's an example of the stuff I shoot. These are Army Men - the little green ones in static poses.

Long Road Home

Blending In

Wired

Cheers,
Ian
 :P

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:06 AM »

True Heroes varies from product to product, because it's all taken from other small lines by Chinese producers, repackaged in a TRU "brand" packaging.

The Chap Mei stuff is solid. Everything else... not so much. There's a "transforming" humvee-type vehicle that can't even fit the figures it comes with in the front seats, let alone Joes, and other things that fall apart while still in their packaging...
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

I bought the big cargo chopper. Its pretty nice and can fit a VAMP in the cargo area.
Say no to AFA.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »

I bought some of them.  The transport heli, which was featured in one of the past newsletters.  I also picked up one of the sandbag mg emplacements (comes with a crappy aa vehicle that I just use as a tipped over wreck on my display).  I want to get the blackhawk, but I just dont have the room for it right now.  For 30 bucks the blackhawk is pretty cool.  I was considering the boat too, but again, I dont have the room.  The size of these things is amazing though, well worth the price, which is pretty much similar to the smaller 25th joe vehicles.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"