JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Please Read : 2010 Con Set requests.  (Read 4500 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Please Read : 2010 Con Set requests.
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

We addressed this last year: http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=3334.0

But, since I've had a total of 23 requests via email, PM's and Facebook, in the last 24 hours, I feel it needs to be addressed again... and it's pretty much, word for word.

Once again we are thrilled by the interest in this year's convention set. Unfortunately, simply being excited and "really really wanting" these exclusives, or not being able to attend due to work / money, etc will not get you them. Since the first exclusive figure in 2004, the only way to attain these figures is by arriving at the con early enough to claim them yourself.

As of this posting, nearly 25 people have emailed asking that they be the exception to this rule. Some of those people are longtime friends. Some are perfect strangers. The math shows that if we made the exception to every one of those people, over half the sets would be sold before the show. This set is not an internet exclusive. It is a convention exclusive and therefore will only be sold at the convention.

We at JoeCanuck.com do everything we can to ensure these sets end up in the hands of as many different fans as possible. That is why we have rules like one per person per address (ie if you are one person with three addresses, you can only buy one set, if you are three people with one address, you can only buy one set). People cutting in line and people holding places for friends will not be allowed or tolerated.

It has been suggested that we make more figures. We have. Originally our figures were limited to a run of roughly 30 items. Last year, we increased that to 5 items at 100 of them each.  This year we have a box set of items limited to 100, a bonus item limited to 50, and a comic limited to a run of 1000. I'd say we've increased very well in the short amount of time.

Ideally some day we may be granted access to Hasbro's factories and we can make a run large enough to meet all demand both at the con and away (online) from it. However that day has not come yet and there is no guarantee it will ever come. So for the time being, we are putting our sweat into these exclusives and appreciate the attention they get and the patience our fans show us.

Once sure way to show that you would support a higher run exclusive item (200 - 500?) is to bring your friends and ensure that attendance this year is higher than ever.

Thank you for your understanding.
The Canadian Joe Con Staff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Please Read : 2010 Con Set requests.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »

Well said! And people not able to go at the con and looking for a set should post in the "Item wanted" section of the forum. So people looking for selling their set can find buyers and avoid feebay! It's a win-win.

Martin

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »

[Standing Ovation] Well Said! This will be my first CON and I hope to get a set.  If I don't at least I will have a great time at the CON! 
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I will have a great time at the CON! 

And enjoy a good beer or gingerale afterwards in good company of the LJ and his crew!  ;D
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "bandonov"
I will have a great time at the CON! 

And enjoy a good beer or gingerale afterwards in good company of the LJ and his crew!  ;D

Ginger Ale......Mmmmmmm!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:06 AM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Well said! And people not able to go at the con and looking for a set should post in the "Item wanted" section of the forum. So people looking for selling their set can find buyers and avoid feebay! It's a win-win.
Martin

I smell someone promoting to sell his set  ::) - Just kidding!

I remember sending a PM to The Mike four years ago prior to attending the 2007 Canadian Joe Meet that I really wanted the exclusive and wanted to make sure I get one if I was to travel from Montreal to [s:1c999frz]Toronto[/s:1c999frz] Edit: Hamilton. Can't remember how I wrote it, but I'm beeing honest, I really wanted one and was scared at first by the fact that the exclusive was limited to 30 - True story, you can ask the man - To this he aswered to me very frankly that if my ONLY goal is to get the exclusive, then perhaps I should consider not coming at all. However if my primary goal is to get together with big time Joe fans and have a blast sharing about my passion for the hobby with the rest, then that the trip will be worthwhile even If I don't get the set. Strong words indeed I thought at first but they worked their way into my head in the minutes that followed. I replied back saying that he had nothing more to worry, that I would go knowing that I might not get the exclusive because I know I'm a Joe fan, and my intuition told me this event was for me (can't remember again how I put it exactly but that was the essence of it I'm sure). I went to buy my bus ticket and never looked back.

I went to Hamilton alright, took a coach bus that got me there, and then a City bus that considerably slowed me down, arrived an hour before the convention, lined up, met and immediatly underwent Vulcan Mindmelt with GruntMVP and some other tall guy with glasses  ::) (aka Pdaat) ! The exclusive was the least in our minds that day while we chit-chat for that very short hour, and I had a blast. When I got home, I felt something comparable to beeing homesick, because while beeing there I met people that I wished were my neighboors, but you can't be at 2 places at the same time, or so I thought. Lucky for me there was this site were I found out that the Joecanuck Meet afterparty would go on and on.

So if you're a Joe fan, it's all that it takes to make your next best move, get up from that big confortable couch of yours, and come to the Joe Con. I actually planned my Joe trip 1 or 2 weeks ahead of the 2007 convention, so it's never too late to attend If you can. This is a rare opportunity to connect with the Joe in you and in others. Think of the convention set as a simple souvenir that adds to the overall great experience of the event, it shouldn't be more than that, but yes, it will to some I'm sure and with all due respects, that part will never change. As a Joe fan, you should already be a winner on every level just by attending the convention, even if you don't get the exclusive set, but you don't have to take my word for it.
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »

Wow! well said LJ!................................................................... can I get my Ginger Ale now  ???

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »

Well said LJ indeed.

I will be the first to admit the Con exclusives and the chance to meet Larry Hama were what got me coming initially, but the chance to connect with other fans are by far more valuable.

I'll still be looking for the line-up at 05:55 though.............
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I'll still be looking for the line-up at 05:55 though.............

I think we should bring a camera for this  ;D. Between 5:00 am and 6:00 am there will be a bunch of guys walking around the "spot" to keep their place. After the con, posting this on Youtube to promote next year con...  :wink:

Martin

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »

LOL!!!
But very true.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 03:52:58 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this con too. I hope I can get the exclusive, but if not then I plan to still have a great time.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »

In the end the Con set is just a bonus and not the reason for the Convention to begin with.  As Mike has said before; if Con sets ever become an issue and disrupt the true meaning of the Convention then he will stop offering them.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!