JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 80s Toy Expo in Burlington  (Read 5634 times)

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: 80s Toy Expo in Burlington
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

the price discrepancies were pretty tough to ignore.  Some vendors who had 25A product had Firefly for $18, Shipwreck for $13, etc.  while this guy had CGs, Snow Jobs, Hooded CCs, Officers, Soldiers for $6 MOC - just couldn't beat that.

And I suspect the early birds that came in scooped up the Battle Armor CCs and Torpedos because all he was left with besides the army builders were some Rock N Rolls.

Looking forward to the vendor bins at the Canadian Joe meet though - this time I'm coming with a list so I don't get distracted.

By the way, this is also going to be my first meet and I wanted to bring some extra MOC 25A and some loose ones to trade - how does that work?  Is it part of the agenda for the day, like a trading table or something?

Also I might as well ask - am I allowed to bring my MOC Bazooka for Hama to sign the filecard?  Could I do that for my MOC Shipwreck & Dusty?  Is there a limit?  Never met a celeb before.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »

As of right now - I'm asking people only bring two items.
That is of course up to Mr. Hama what he wants to do and how many of an item.

If anyone shows up with a stack of comics for Larry to sign, they'll be refused (obviously), but two items seems fair. After that - get back in line for another two items.

It's really up to Larry and how he feels that day.

As for trading tables. There won't be any tables specifically for that this year.
There will be a room specifically for the Joe/Cobra Wrestling, Speed Painting and custom displays.
But It's not worth the extra $200.00 for another meeting room just for people to sit and talk/trade, etc.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:11:49 AM by Anonymous »

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »

ok good to know, so we just meet and talk trade as the day progresses?  I just want to know if I should be walking around with a shopping bag full of goods for the majority of the day or head back to my car and pull em from the trunk when the time is right.

Also vendor etiquette: are we allowed to trade with vendors for items they are selling or is that a no no?

Apologies for going off-topic, maybe I should start a Joe-Meet-101 thread for first timer questions.

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »

I think that would be a great idea for a thread Bandalero, go over to the joe meet thread and make it :)

Also yes I would say its safest to just keep your stuff for trade in your car until you actually meet with the folks your trading with as it beats carrying  extra things around.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:55:41 AM by K.B. »

savageplay

• View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 12:06:46 PM »

ya the show was awesome but i tried not to spend too much money myself. The main reason i went was to take my god son (who now has a increadibly impressive joe collection thanks too alot of guys on this board and last years's joe meet) so he'd be even MORE excited about the joe meet. I kept telling him yesterday ok so the next show will be like this, BUT JUST gi joes. So here's a 5 year old kid saying...ok lets not spend much more money and wait for that. THAT IS AWESOME

But i got him a few of the $5 new joes he doesn't have and a 90% complete castel greyskull for $30. Man he is now at school doing show and tell saying how awesome sunday was, and how much more awesome the NEXT show is gonna be LOL.

man i so can't wait for the 19th.