JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro is killing the 25th line in Canada.  (Read 2563 times)

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Hasbro is killing the 25th line in Canada.
« on: April 12, 2008, 04:14:27 PM »

I went to my local Walmart the other day and noticed they had removed the 25th pegs (all 2 of em). I had an opportunity to chat with the inventory controller for that store and this is basically what he said;

He said it is great that the toys sell out the day they come in, but not so much when they only get 8 units once a month or so. He said that by the time they pay someone to bring them off the truck, someone to inventory them and put them on the shelves, and then someone to check inventory and ok the order for more, they are not making anything on the firgures at all. It's just not a viable product next to the other toys that they get a lot of and sell a lot of. He said that with the movie coming out, it should change all that, but for now they have stopped ordering refresh cases (for that store at least).

It is kind of interesting and makes a lot of sense, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro is killing the 25th line in Canada.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »

thats crazy, you think if they sell out same day, that maybe they might have something here and order another case or so, don't have to go overboard or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the the movie releases joes will be peg warmers after the stores order a billion of them like most movie based toys that I've seen.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »

I don't really know anything for sure I guess, but from everything I've seen and been told, retailers are ordering this stuff, but Hasbro is not willing/able to fill their orders.  Now, it's possible that Canadian retailers didn't order enough early on and that's why the Hasbro warehouse can't keep up.  Whatever it is, they'd better sort it out before retailers get fed up.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

Maybe it's a good idea to talk to them about your experience on Saturday, and see what they have to say
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:50:26 AM »

Quote from: "FastFord58"
I went to my local Walmart the other day and noticed they had removed the 25th pegs (all 2 of em). I had an opportunity to chat with the inventory controller for that store and this is basically what he said;

He said it is great that the toys sell out the day they come in, but not so much when they only get 8 units once a month or so. He said that by the time they pay someone to bring them off the truck, someone to inventory them and put them on the shelves, and then someone to check inventory and ok the order for more, they are not making anything on the firgures at all. It's just not a viable product next to the other toys that they get a lot of and sell a lot of. He said that with the movie coming out, it should change all that, but for now they have stopped ordering refresh cases (for that store at least).

It is kind of interesting and makes a lot of sense, unfortunately.

I work for a WalMart and our toy dept manager was suprised when the status of the line was changed to "GO" which happened shortyly after ordering a case. She called head office to get an explaination considering how well a case sells out and the answer she recieved basically boiled down to, by my understanding of what I was told, is that WalMarts will recieve new cases whenever the warehouse sends any out. But that could just be to cover their behinds on saying they can't get enough stock. And unless your Walmart is employing people to just unload/inventory/stock/reorder the Joes, the excuse you got sounds like a load of garbage.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »

BludChylde is right.  I worked for the Bay's recieving department for a while and the trucks carry more than just one type of toy--all these toys are grouped and then sent together to get stocked.  Ordereing is almost automated based on bar code systems within the networks inventory when a product gets low it sends a notice to the purchasing department for replenishment.

Also check out http://www.joebattlelines.com/news/ for BagBadToyStores shortage.
This all leads me to believe some in Hasbro is screwing up with ordering enough produt to be made for the demand.  Instead of worring about creating a more diverse product range (exclusives, movie sets) maybe they should deal with the current demand for fiigures first.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:17:57 PM »

Actually I think that the shortage has more to do with them actually enforcing the quality control contracts that they now have with their suppliers.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »

We should ask Hasbro what the deal is with the supply issues next Saturday.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.