JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 25th Anniversary rumoured list  (Read 8418 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Anniversary rumoured list
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »

I know some toy sites have it listed for release on Jan 20 eg. Brianstoys & Cloudcity. It is available fro presale on lots of sites to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »

I think Hasbro has fumbled a little with giving us a fair shot at completing any full series. Why the hell do we need more 87 and 88 figures remade when many more popular 82-86 characters are held back? Outback is cool I guess but his t-shirt even made me laugh when I was seven. What I am getting at is that they have stranded classic characters like Short Fuze and Grand Slam at Target in rare or expensive toys that I will never find! I can live without a complete remade 87 series, but it's just shameful to have so many holes in the classic first five series. What's next, a comic pack with Psych-out and Crystal Ball?! :(

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »

Outback has always been my favorite character, and i think it is because it was the very first gijoe i ever got. I still have it even thought the legs are loose and the arms have been replaced with 92 Gung Ho arms. I did get the chance to replace him at the joe meet last year but i really want a 25th ann style one.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'll be buying the FLAK w/Outback as soon as I can, I just wish they could have been a little less random with the 25th figure selection. Of course Hasbro is doing it to make sure the casual collectors stick around after the movie line expires, but I am impatient and would like at least ONE completed series without having to buy Target exclusives, mail aways or redundant SRO packs.

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

I too would like Hasbro to complete at least one series of vintage-to-25th anniversary.  Personally I'd really like a Footloose and Airtight to finish off 1985 but that doesn't look like it's in the cards :(

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
What's next, a comic pack with Psych-out and Crystal Ball?! :(

I...  I liked Psych-Out.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:10:57 PM by Canuklehead »

Sureshot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"

I...  I liked Psych-Out.
And there's nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see a new Crazylegs or Fast draw myself. Eventually they'll get around to everybody. With RAH it took four years to get to Wet-Suit. Lets see if the 25th collection can do it in less.

I think Hasbro is doing a great job getting out product. The US only exclusives/mail aways suck, but aside from that I'm fairly impressed with the amount of Joes they have gotten out.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing Mindbender in both original form and in his lab coat form from the V vs V days.  But original Mindbender first.  Zap--I hope they just don't use an old mold head coloured different, it kind of worked for Short-fuse/Doc  but for Zap I don't know.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

BludChylde

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
I wouldn't mind seeing Mindbender in both original form and in his lab coat form from the V vs V days.  But original Mindbender first.  Zap--I hope they just don't use an old mold head coloured different, it kind of worked for Short-fuse/Doc  but for Zap I don't know.

I would love to see the V v V Lab Coat version of Mindbender down the road. I love the original look but the lab coat would look better in a lab display.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Maybe Original 13 Hawk, with hair recoloured and facial hair painted on.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:14 PM »

Quote from: "Sureshot"
Quote from: "Canuklehead"

I...  I liked Psych-Out.
And there's nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see a new Crazylegs or Fast draw myself. Eventually they'll get around to everybody. With RAH it took four years to get to Wet-Suit. Lets see if the 25th collection can do it in less.

I think Hasbro is doing a great job getting out product. The US only exclusives/mail aways suck, but aside from that I'm fairly impressed with the amount of Joes they have gotten out.

I agree... the exclusives and mail-aways suck HARD! 

I started looking at it this way:  Even if they're exclusive to the US market, there's still millions of them out there.  And even though I might not have the money to hunt them all down now, when I do have the money for them, there's bound to be people selling them. 

She will be mine.  Oh, yes, She will be mine.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »

It's great having friends in the States who are able/willing to hook you up! ;D
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!