JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New GI JOE items  (Read 7441 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 01:23:40 PM »

The Hasbro rep I spoke to at the con said they are planning on bringing the new line to the Canadian market in the future.  But right now due to our strict government regulations on quality controls they are unable to supply Canadians directly.  Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »

That  is  the  exact same  speech  that  i  was  given.    I also  mentioned  that   we as  Canadian  collectors are getting   rather  pissed   about being left out in the cold every  frikken  year.
Zinthos.

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 10:11:21 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Quote from: ""BludChylde""
I just noticed something that does worry me a bit. Looking at the pic of the new HISS, I noticed Night Creeper is using a stand from a SW ROTS fig. I'm praying this means they increased the peg hole size on ROTS figs and I didn't notice or just glued his feet to the stand. If the new figs have the smaller SW size pegholes then none of my spare stands will be useful.

Those stands don't come with the Joes.  They were for display purposes.

Congratulations dumbass for not grasping what I was trying to say.

Maybe you should get your special ed teacher to help you understand what the fuck I was trying to say. I was pointing out that I was hoping they glued his fucking feet to the stand becuase I would be royally fucking pissed off if they changed the new Joes over to the smaller peg holes the current SW figs use. I didn't realise it took an IQ higher than room temperature to understand that.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 12:16:11 AM »

Dude, chill out on the language and name calling. Fighting isn't what GIJoe is about!
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 12:45:52 AM »

I just noticed something that does worry me a bit. Looking at the pic of the new HISS, I noticed Night Creeper is using a stand from a SW ROTS fig. I'm praying this means they increased the peg hole size on ROTS figs and I didn't notice or just glued his feet to the stand. If the new figs have the smaller SW size pegholes then none of my spare stands will be useful.

Maybe you should get your special ed teacher to help you understand what the (I should eat a bar of soap) I was trying to say. I was pointing out that I was hoping they glued his fucking feet to the stand becuase I would be royally fucking pissed off if they changed the new Joes over to the smaller peg holes the current SW figs use. I didn't realise it took an IQ higher than room temperature to understand that.

Yes, I am a huge Star Wars collector  :roll:.  Like I know about the peg sizes and like I really give a crap.  

Oh ya, who the heck are you?  Considered yourself already warned for a personal attack on a board member, mod or not.  I let a lot of things slide but not this.  I won't edit or delete your comments just yet.  I want the board members to see how somebody with 5 posts contributes. Piece of advice, if you don't have the balls to say to a person's face (especially me), don't post it.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BludChylde

• View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 08:54:40 AM »

Maybe you should get your special ed teacher to help you understand what the (I should eat a bar of soap) I was trying to say. I was pointing out that I was hoping they glued his fucking feet to the stand becuase I would be royally fucking pissed off if they changed the new Joes over to the smaller peg holes the current SW figs use. I didn't realise it took an IQ higher than room temperature to understand that.

Yes, I am a huge Star Wars collector  :roll:.  Like I know about the peg sizes and like I really give a crap.  

Oh ya, who the heck are you?  Considered yourself already warned for a personal attack on a board member, mod or not.  I let a lot of things slide but not this.  I won't edit or delete your comments just yet.  I want the board members to see how somebody with 5 posts contributes. Piece of advice, if you don't have the balls to say to a person's face (especially me), don't post it.

If you know nothing about the SW peg sizes, why did you bother quoting me with some bs answer? I never at any point asked if the stands came with the figures, only wanted to know about a potential size change in the peg holes.

Yes consider myself warned. Now about you questioning whether I'd have the balls to say that to your face. I would, but unfortunately I don't drive and Oshawa is a really long walk. Plus I don't think I'd be successful looking up "Pete The Greek" in the phone book to actually find your house.
Now I hope you understand how funny it is for you to talk about me not having balls, when I get a PM from Scramble instead of you asking me not to be so "defensive and vulgar".

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 09:02:17 AM »

Wow! What happened there? Just yesterday I was saying how helpful everyone is on this board. That attack was totally uncalled for. I read the posts from a third party stance and all that cussing came from out of nowhere. That is the sort of thing that will get you kicked really fast.

Besides, who the heck wants to start up with Pete? That dude is cut.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
New GI JOE items
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 09:47:39 AM »

Wow. This is the coolest thread ever.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 10:21:12 AM »

BludChylde,

I posted what I had to so why would I need to send a PM?

As for the balls part, that applies to any member of this board, including myself.  So you didn't like what I posted.  Big deal. Instead you implied I was a retard in your grade 4 hissy fit.  Smart move.  Considering you can't drive, that sums up everything there.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
New GI JOE items
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 11:32:38 AM »

:chicken:

Ok... So my wife makes me dig up our front yard, plant trees, plant flowers, and I get to do it in the 'joy' of the hot sun, only to come here today and see this?

Blud,
At NO time is it acceptable to 'crap' on another user on this message board.

Pete was offered 'Mod Duties' on this board because he's to the point and fair about things.

Regardless if Pete is a Mod or not, you shouldn't of blasted him the way you had. If you thought he was being a dick with you, then you should of PM'd him about it.

Your post about the peg holes could of been misread and taken to mean a a few different things, but your post ranting on Pete can only be taken as one.

And that ONE is not permitted here.
If a MOD has something to say, or asks you not to do something, then you listen to them as if they were me (the owner of this site).
If you think the Mod is being unfair with you - contact me.

Read This: http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/phpBB2/faq.php#29

I'm not going to force you to apoligize to Pete for acting the way you did, but should you decide to do so anyway (out here or via PM to him), then we'll forget about this 'hiccup' in the week.

Cool?
- Mike

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 08:07:59 PM »

:shock: and I thought that the whole I'm a ninja so I'm bulletproof, fireproof, laser proof, knifeproof, anythingproof and only another ninja can kill me issue was a big deal when I was a kid.  Seems like pegholes are the real important matter. I knew I should've been pegholeproof as well...dang!

So Mike how's the yard coming along?

Oh and I really like those new upcoming figures, already said that didn't I?
Say no to AFA.

BludChylde

• View Profile
New GI JOE items
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 09:06:18 PM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
:shock: and I thought that the whole I'm a ninja so I'm bulletproof, fireproof, laser proof, knifeproof, anythingproof and only another ninja can kill me issue was a big deal when I was a kid.  Seems like pegholes are the real important matter. I knew I should've been pegholeproof as well...dang!

That was a good one.

Sorry aboot bein an a-hole Pete.