JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: JoeCanuck show 2010?  (Read 11893 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: JoeCanuck show 2010?
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
It may not be.

Hamilton is my "fall-back" location for this year should my first 3 choices not pan out.
...and The Falls is out, due us having to have the Con in the summer now, every weekend is booked up with Weddings at all locations. Believe me, I tried HARD to have it there this year. Had we still had the Early May date, it would of been no problem this year.

Looking at 2 locations in Toronto - if those don't pan out, then it'll be in Hamilton one more time. ;-)

This is why I love being a part of this board. The information isn't kept under lock and key. Sure, there is a certain amount of surprise to the convention and it's location and the convention exclusive is kept secret for a while, but once information is available it's shared. Once there was a solid cost to last years convention set it was made public. Yes, you could pick up a few small things at the door like extra sticker sheets, but nothing that would break the bank.

Joe Canuck tries to keep everyone in the loop as best as possible, even if it sometimes back fires when other local promoters read our board and possibly steal our ideas when suggestions have been thrown around.

My personal take on it is I like to think this place really is "for the people, by the people".  Mike is easy to reach and I know from personal experience that he'll respond in a timely manor. I don't pretend to know everything that is involved with running this site but I do know it's truly a labour of love.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »

that sucks about the falls oh well at least we will know when and where way before. cant wait.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »

It would be cool to have it in TO this year. I love their China Town.
2 + 2 = 22

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »

It may not be.

Hamilton is my "fall-back" location for this year should my first 3 choices not pan out.
...and The Falls is out, due us having to have the Con in the summer now, every weekend is booked up with Weddings at all locations. Believe me, I tried HARD to have it there this year. Had we still had the Early May date, it would of been no problem this year.

Looking at 2 locations in Toronto - if those don't pan out, then it'll be in Hamilton one more time. ;-)

Two locations in Toronto?  So mayhap the third of the first three choices is Montreal?  Or even better?  Winnipeg!!! :P

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »

Ottawa was one of my 3. I just got back from there and that one is out for this year. Great place, willing to do "whatever" to have us, but cost is just a little too high compared to the other quotes I have for the two places in Toronto.

Should have an final location nailed down "hopefully" by Valentines Day.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 05:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "roshan"
It may not be.

Two locations in Toronto?  So mayhap the third of the first three choices is Montreal?  Or even better?  Winnipeg!!! :P

What's wrong with Winnipeg? You guys can totally have a convention in my basement. Let me check with the wife though.......uh,she said no.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

I personally think you should look at London - and not just because it's close to me.  Easier to get around, large center.  Convention centers abound.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 10:50:43 PM »

Are we thinking early July? Middle of the summer? Late August?
Or any of the above, depending on availability of locations?
My girl is going to kill me if I have to put off planning vacation until the Con is confirmed!  ;D
So be it!!!
The silver lining is that I can stay at her place if it's Toronto! Wow...what a tangent....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:56:34 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:23 AM »

Quote from: "grunt 4 mvp"
Are we thinking early July? Middle of the summer? Late August?

Well, I'll give you a date..... Because that I know for sure, regardless which location I end up with. 

August 7th, with a possible August 6th evening set up for dealers.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »

If you are looking for a cool place, we have an empty Olympic stadium available here in Montreal... Ask Scramble, he will confirm!

... and since half of the board members are from Montreal  :wink:

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 11:12:32 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
If you are looking for a cool place, we have an empty Olympic stadium available here in Montreal... Ask Scramble, he will confirm!

Martin

Believe me, as much as I love Montreal and I'm from there, I don't feel this City is one for gi joe. Ironically, I'd rather spend on a trip that will get me where the real action is....Sorry Montreal, I still love you.
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "martin-montreal"

Martin

Believe me, as much as I love Montreal and I'm from there, I don't feel this City is one for gi joe. Ironically, I'd rather spend on a trip that will get me where the real action is....Sorry Montreal, I still love you.
Bugwha?

How is Montreal not where the real action is? Everyone from Formula One racers to Jimmy Fallon to the Sons of Butcher love Montreal, it's even made it to the #1 place to live according to AskMen a few years ago!
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....