JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!  (Read 27803 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2010, 10:43:11 AM »

Quote from: "Bandalero"
Pete I didn't know you got married dude, congrats!  Now you don't have to commute from [s:1q7stp00]Ajax[/s:1q7stp00] Oshawa to [s:1q7stp00]Woodbridge/[/s:1q7stp00]Markham to visit ;)

Thanks.  But had to fix some of the locals.  I am probably 5-10 minutes from where you live in Markham. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Pete I didn't know you got married dude, congrats!  Now you don't have to commute from [s:2bl57myz]Ajax[/s:2bl57myz] Oshawa to [s:2bl57myz]Woodbridge/[/s:2bl57myz]Markham to visit ;)

Thanks.  But had to fix some of the locals.  I am probably 5-10 minutes from where you live in Markham. 

Another Markhamite yay. 
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Pete I didn't know you got married dude, congrats!  Now you don't have to commute from [s:f8sqsgdw]Ajax[/s:f8sqsgdw] Oshawa to [s:f8sqsgdw]Woodbridge/[/s:f8sqsgdw]Markham to visit ;)
Another Markhamite yay. 

Markville Mall is in so much trouble now that all us are within striking distance of it.  :lol:
Lurking

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Pete I didn't know you got married dude, congrats!  Now you don't have to commute from [s:11jcykuz]Ajax[/s:11jcykuz] Oshawa to [s:11jcykuz]Woodbridge/[/s:11jcykuz]Markham to visit ;).
Another Markhamite yay. 

Markville Mall is in so much trouble now that all us are within striking distance of it.  :lol:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2010, 01:30:45 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Pete I didn't know you got married dude, congrats!  Now you don't have to commute from [s:amz0uwlj]Ajax[/s:amz0uwlj] Oshawa to [s:amz0uwlj]Woodbridge/[/s:amz0uwlj]Markham to visit ;)
Another Markhamite yay. 

Nah, you guys will be fine.  I am done with army building.  I have stopped being a completist.   I am not even sure if I want to collect any more.  I just want to set back and start setting up my stupid large collection. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »

I guess I haven't said that much in this thread as I'm one of the "guys".

I want to thank everyone involved in this project as well. Everyone has something different to bring to the table when we plan this stuff. To say there is a lot of planning and discussion on each set is and understatement. I'm not going to go into what goes on "behind the curtain" but what I can say there is a strong family feeling when we hash this stuff out.

Besides that, I want to thank all the guys that help spread the word. Justin is great for keeping our name out there. We have help from Radio Guy with the set up and getting our name around. There are others that have helped but right now are slipping my mind.

Thanks to our loyal vendors who keep coming back year after year. Without them we might be back under the bowling alley.

Finally, thanks to all you Canuckle Heads who show up every year. Keep spreading the word. The more people that come means the more we can offer.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

daremo

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 04:28:46 PM »

I'd like to say thanks to everyone for making my first JoeCon a great one! I wouldn't have even thought about going if it weren't for NFC and Xhairs extending the invitation. I had such a blast meeting other Joe enthusiasts, sharing stories, and seeing what exactly goes on at a Joe convention.

I still can't believe that I got to talk with Larry Hama, Zack Hoffman, and Mark Bellemo! I can only imagine who will be future guests. I love the con set, in fact I've read the comic no less than 15 times. Good stuff!

Hanging out in the hotel bar talking Joes and what not with NFC, Xhairs, James, Nova, and Mike was a great way to end the day. I can't wait to go next year!

-Doug

Photos!!!
[align=center:344b4pyc]

Inside the convention, previous convention exclusives

Last years convention set

This years set and comic

More of the set and the early attendee exclusive Snake

NeonDragonKnight's con exclusive customs

NFC's customs: 4 Fireflys and Rip-It, Caddyshack with the Golf Cart

NFC's customs made especially for the con: Borealis and Capgun

My custom made especially for the con: Cold Strike

Morgadee's JoeCanuck customs

Jason "Loop" Loo - artist of Canuckleheads and the con comic

Some of his artwork

I watched him draw Falcon. I love his style.

He makes cool customs too

Mark Bellomo of G.I. Joe guide fame. It was great talking to him,  he is a genuine fan and a national treasure for his knowledge of G.I. Joe. He's also a great speaker, his panel was engrossing.

Larry Hama, "Godfather of G.I. Joe", he insisted on taking this photo with one of his fans. Nice shirt dude!

I found out from the man himself that the original Arashikage ninja (Marvel issue #26) were dressed in black and not blue like the comic had them colored. I knew comics used blue for black but I wasn't sure if this was the case here.

I also found out that he's working on another silent issue with Snake-Eyes. Snakes will only use the weapons and gear that he has in the issue. He's weaponless at the end. Can't wait!

NFC with his idol Zach Hoffman, the voice of Zartan. His panel was awesome. Great speaker, funny stories, and he sounded just like Zartan (he does a great Cobra Commander too).

David Willis - from Shortpacked. He didn't want his photo taken I guess.

Freebie table, this thing was full at the end of the day. I would have taken some of it home if I could have fit it all on the plane.[/align:344b4pyc]

I wish I had taken more photos, but alas I was having too much fun. There was a ton of stuff that I didn't get on film. Good times.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

That was cool, enjoyed that very much.  I want to go next year.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2010, 09:14:31 PM »

Thanks for the Pics, it brings such good memories!
Lurking

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
I guess I haven't said that much in this thread as I'm one of the "guys".

I want to thank everyone involved in this project as well. Everyone has something different to bring to the table when we plan this stuff. To say there is a lot of planning and discussion on each set is and understatement. I'm not going to go into what goes on "behind the curtain" but what I can say there is a strong family feeling when we hash this stuff out.

Besides that, I want to thank all the guys that help spread the word. Justin is great for keeping our name out there. We have help from Radio Guy with the set up and getting our name around. There are others that have helped but right now are slipping my mind.

Thanks to our loyal vendors who keep coming back year after year. Without them we might be back under the bowling alley.

Finally, thanks to all you Canuckle Heads who show up every year. Keep spreading the word. The more people that come means the more we can offer.

It's been a pleasure to be an attendee of the last 7 Can Joe Meets/Cons, and a helper/volunteer/staff member too!  Having an insider's view towards the process that the team goes through from brainstorming to ideas to execution, well, it is really amazing how such a small group of dedicated Joe fans manage to pull off such a monumental undertaking year after year.  And it's especially gratifying to see it grow into the EVENT that it has become.  As the "media liason", this year, it was awesome to see how many media outlets were interested in profiling our "little meet that could", and as the "unofficial photographer", I saw so many reasons why the Can Joe Con is a MUST EXPERIENCE EVENT for Joe Fans everywhere!  As always, kudos to Mike, Denise, Ryan, Pete, Jason, Ed and the other volunteers that have made this an event for Joe Fans everywhere, and particularly in Canada, to be proud of!!!
Wherever you go, there you are.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "daremo"

They were all looking for Heavy Metal's mic or what?  ;D

jamarmiller

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2010, 01:25:45 AM »

I want to just say I am seriously impressed wit the comic you guys did. I just got mine here in Japan today and im really enjoying it

I know first hand on what goes into a comic, the blood sweat and tears and TIME that goes into it is immense so seeing how well of job you did on it.....well i was seriously impressed.

You guys pulled off something really hard to do and it was a GOOD

quality of the paper was great as well and I even got it signed by larry hama and Jason loo

thanks to super awesome martin-montreal ( a member here for hooking me up )

it was well worth the 20 dollars I used to get it here.

Heres hoping you guys do more
LONG LIVE THE RED SHADOWS