JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Con Sets On E-Bay  (Read 56072 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Con Sets On E-Bay
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 04:05:03 AM »

what about PMing people on the boards a verification code that they have to produce at the line?

oh, i suppose you'd nix that as thwarting non-members from getting a set..?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Kobura

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 09:05:09 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I would have been there in time but my ride slept-in... :(  but I got the RoC SNAKE for $10 so I will make my own.  It will not be the same but is fine with me!

Hey now whoa... my alarm didn't go off... and I woke up 30 mins later. :P

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »

Quote from: "Kobura"
I would have been there in time but my ride slept-in... :(  but I got the RoC SNAKE for $10 so I will make my own.  It will not be the same but is fine with me!

The man speaks!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

Now that you finally joined the forum, I have to watch what I type about you  :-X  I only was pushing you to do this for at least 10 months... I want the set so you were forgiven  :mrt: 
Lurking

Kobura

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »

Now that you finally joined the forum, I have to watch what I type about you  :-X  I only was pushing you to do this for at least 10 months... I want the set so you were forgiven  :mrt: 

Yes yes... I finally joined. I'm a busy man!

You got your set, I got us coffee... win/win!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »

Yes yes... I finally joined. I'm a busy man!
You got your set, I got us coffee... win/win!

I needed that coffee more....  :lol:  Make sure you post your intro in the forum so everyone will know that you are the one that got me back into GI Joe...
Lurking

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
what about PMing people on the boards a verification code that they have to produce at the line?

oh, i suppose you'd nix that as thwarting non-members from getting a set..?

An individual verification code would take a lot of work.  Just a board wide code though would not stop scalpers.  There are probably a couple regular members on here who would pick up 10 sets if they could

RichieRich

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "Joeczar"
Wow, what kind of a guy would drag his grandma out of bed in the middle of the night and make her stand in line?  Takes all kinds, I guess.  :-  That's too bad more collectors didn't have a chance to get one of those SNAKES, I would have hated to have been #51.

I was #51 (actually #43 but 8 Snakes went to staff (understandably) so in reality there were 42 available).  The thing that sucks is that I showed up at 5:15 and did a count in front of me and there were 35 people.  When wristbands for the set were given out there were 39 in front of me.  By the time tickets were given out for the Snake I was out of the running as the line in front me me kept growing.  It left a really bad taste in my mouth, I'm not gonna lie.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »

Quote from: "RichieRich"

Wow, what kind of a guy would drag his grandma out of bed in the middle of the night and make her stand in line?  Takes all kinds, I guess.  :-  That's too bad more collectors didn't have a chance to get one of those SNAKES, I would have hated to have been #51.

I was #51 (actually #43 but 8 Snakes went to staff (understandably) so in reality there were 42 available).  The thing that sucks is that I showed up at 5:15 and did a count in front of me and there were 35 people.  When wristbands for the set were given out there were 39 in front of me.  By the time tickets were given out for the Snake I was out of the running as the line in front me me kept growing.  It left a really bad taste in my mouth, I'm not gonna lie.

When I got there at 2 am I was number 21 and when I went in, I was number 21.  Some guys marked their spot with their bag and sat elsewhere until closer to time, then got in their rightful spot.  Some guys went to the bathroom and such, but as far as I saw ahead of me, 1 through 21 was all good.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:03:55 PM by turner »

RichieRich

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »

Wow, what kind of a guy would drag his grandma out of bed in the middle of the night and make her stand in line?  Takes all kinds, I guess.  :-  That's too bad more collectors didn't have a chance to get one of those SNAKES, I would have hated to have been #51.
I was Number 53 because of this guy... the 2 guys from Montreal that were in front of me were not that happy either...  >:(

I guess you're the big guy behind me in line.  Funny how we know each other by our line numbers and not names... lol.

Actually the guy in front was from Montreal (I'm from good ole T.O.) and did end up getting one because the guy in front of him didn't have the correct ID.  So I truly was the first guy not to qualify for a Snake.

I just wanted to clarify something.  What left a bad taste in my mouth was the dealer who brought his mom, dad, grandma, grandfather, sister-in-law, etc.  Like many of the Joe fans I was in line with we just wanted a set and didn't think to bring family members to pad our pockets.  I got a large con set and overall I am very happy about attending the con.  Got to meet Zartan and the living legend, as well as collect some much needed pieces.

I thought the Snake situation could have been handled better but since it's the first year that this type of giveaway (i.e. stay in line) was attempted it's understandable why it didn't work and I'm sure the guys will come up with a solution next year.

I like the large con sets so I hope they stick around.

I also like the idea of a smaller set.  Not sure if it's been asked before but why not take orders for it?  For example, if 450 people ordered and prepaid for the Snake you guys can order a production run of 500 and everybody wins no?

One more thing, I don't think anyone was disappointed in the con itself.  I loved it and can't wait until next year.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »

Quote from: "RichieRich"
I was Number 53 because of this guy... the 2 guys from Montreal that were in front of me were not that happy either...  >:(
I guess you're the big guy behind me in line.  Funny how we know each other by our line numbers and not names... lol.
Actually the guy in front was from Montreal (I'm from good ole T.O.) and did end up getting one because the guy in front of him didn't have the correct ID.  So I truly was the first guy not to qualify for a Snake.

Yes that was me... It was nice talking to you and your friend
Lurking

MIA COLLECTABLES

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »

Hi everyone  :)

I think I found a way to stop the entire famaly tree to get a set for one person !!!

I say keep the sets limited to 100, that makes collecting more fun, hard to get pieces are more appreciated ! The Blue Snake ... only 50 ...wow...  what a great idea , even if I dindnt have the chance to get one. Now I will have to look for it to buy one or trade for one, that what is collecting is all about. Not just click on a dot and then its yours, no... you have to work for it some times !!!

So what I think would be a great idea would be to add a little 3 easy question on each forms with 3 different forms for a total of 9 different question. Questions that any GI Joe collector knows, Example: What was the biggest set Hasbro ever made for the GI Joe line? answer: USS Flagg ! If a grand mother knows those type of question ... well she deserve her set lol !

I think it would stop people who do not have a clue about GI Joe do line for the money only!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18