JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Anyone following the 2010 FIFA World Cup?  (Read 3859 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone following the 2010 FIFA World Cup?
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 01:47:49 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"

My prediction is that we will see Germany against Netherlands in the final.
Hoping for some WWII payback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

Ouch! a little harsh but probably accurate.  It's really anyone's at this point, any mistake could prove costly. I just believe the dutch are holding back as I've not been convinced they're at their best yet. Hopefully the next couple of games they'll crank it up. Go Holland! whoooo!!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »

Quote from: "B"
Ouch! a little harsh but probably accurate.  It's really anyone's at this point, any mistake could prove costly. I just believe the dutch are holding back as I've not been convinced they're at their best yet. Hopefully the next couple of games they'll crank it up. Go Holland! whoooo!!

You are so right when you talk about mistakes that can prove fatal. However the more teams advance into the series, the more they play carefully. This is to be expected of the more experienced teams...however this WC has been full of surprises that defied the conventions of the well known sport and the worse array of official work I've ever seen so far in football history. Netherlands is perhaps Germany's greatest treat. They have been improving their gameplay and adapting extremely well, beeing able to turn a bad situation into a scoring situation more than once. Brazil was their appetizer. Main course should be Uruguay. Uruguay has lost their second best player Suarez due to a red card because he hit the ball with his hand during a free kick which contributed majorily to the elimination of  Guana. Let's see if Uruguay can rely on talent this time against Netherlands and not just on luck....
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 01:15:50 AM »

Go Brazil go!!!! err, oops sorry, too late I guess?       Brazilian girls.....Mmmmmmmmmmmm