JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Remembering September 11  (Read 2135 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Remembering September 11
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

I can remember it as if it was yesterday.

I was returning from South America on the 9th. I had to take 3 flights. On the first flight, there was a lot of turbulance, heavy rainstorm and thunder, the carry-ons starting to fall on us, it was really as bad an experience as in your typical disaster movies and I can honestly say that this was the scariest flight I have ever been on. On the second flight going to Miami, our captain had to wait to get permission to land. After 15 minutes of waiting, the captain finally announced to us that if in 15 min. we still didn't get the airport's permission, he was going to make an emergency landing because he didn't want to risk being too low on fuel. A lot of passengers started to wonder, and some to panick: is this plane going to crash? Well me and the guy sitting next to me were more concerned about who would survive the plane crash and face either the shark infested waters on one side, or the crocodile infested swamps on the other.   And in the third flight (leaving sept. 10th), there was a computer malfunction that prevented us from departing as scheduled. There was even an aviation engineer, who was a passenger onboard at the time, who detected perhaps the source of the problem. He informed to flight attendant if he could have a word with the captain. I was like "NO, not another problem hahaha!" Anyway the plane left almost an hour and half later, but the fact remains that it was still Sept. 10th and we left.

I got home really early on Sept. the 11th. Went straight to bed, until my sister pulled me out of my dream telling me that a plane had just crashed into one of two towers. All they kept showing was the same fire footage. I was still wanting to sleep and it all really seemed like a dream to me, so I went back to bed in complete disbelief. My sister screamed a second time, and that's when reality really woke me up. I ran downstairs like crazy to see what had just happened. My sister was insisting that I watch as there was apparently another plane closing in to the crash site, and that's when I saw the second plane crash live...
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering September 11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

i was in work (it being closer to 2PM in the UK) and some crazy-looking guy came in the shop and told me and my colleague that a plane had crashed into the WTC and that it'd been hijacked and that there were more "circling" and they didn't know where they were going.

me and me colleague were like, "oh... okay...." you know, thinkinhg he's off his nut or something. after he left, i pulled out my beeper (wow, how '90s) and checked the news headlines thing i had on it and sure enough, it said something to the effect of 'hijacked plane hits WTC New York'. i went and asked the assistant manager if i could phone home (had no mobile then, just the beeper) and he basically told me to eff off, cuz he was on the phone with his GF. eventually, he let me phone home and as i was talking to my dad, the one tower collapsed, he was watching it live on the TV.

when i got home, i was asking my mum WTF had happend and i was like, "so, what they like, stole the planes off the runway and flew them into the towers?" and she said, no, there was passengers on board and i just cried then and siad how could these guys be such bastards and do that?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »

I remember that day. I just got home around 7am from working all night long. I just got to sleep, when the phone rang and it was my mother calling to tell me to get up and turn the t.v. on. I was talking to her while i was watching the news. I said to her "Are they filming a movie in NY about what would happen if a plane it the towers?" My mother replied "This is not a movie promo, it is real life." I dropped the phone on the ground. After a few minutes, I picked the phone up and asked my mother "Why would some one what to do something like this?" as we were talking, the second plane hit the south tower.

About an hour and a half later, I had a call to go the CN Tower to repair a bus but when I got down there, I was stopped from entering the area from OPP, RCMP, and Toronto Police. That's when I found out that there was a threat against the CN Tower as well.

Sept 11, 2001 will be in my memory for the rest of my life.
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

I was living in Richmond, BC, on #4 road, right under the flightpaths for landing/take-off at YVR. It was about 7-8 am and there was a LOT of air traiffic.
It reminded me of a night spent at McChord AFB in Washington state, with the Air Cadets. There was a impromptu military exercise one night during our stay and aircraft where landing taking off for hours. This sounded exactly the same, in that it was non -stop and the planes were VERY close together.
I awoke, got cleaned up and started getting ready to go teach my classes at VFS, during breakfast I turned on the TV.
the news right away, showed......I think......the smoke from the collapse of the first tower.
I was not clear on what was going on at that point, but my morning brain caught the words "terrorist attack". Of course, I remembered the first WTC bombings and thought this was the second round.
Still getting ready, I saw the shot of the explosion on the second tower--and thought...........wow, someone was johnny-on-the-spot to catch that. I did NOT see the seconds before that...those being the plane flying into the shot. I thought someone had planted bombs in the building and set them off.
At that point I was not aware that planes were involved at all.
My wife drove me into town, and as we crossed the bridge from Richmond I saw a jet-liner come in LOW over the bridge to land at the new runway at YVR. I looked east and saw DOZENS of planes in the pattern. Right then, the CKNW news on the car radio said that jetliners had been used in the attacks and we put it all together. In rapid succession it was made clear that every plane in the sky was being made to land, that there were MULTIPLE unknowns in play ( car-bombing at Capital Building in Washington etc.-classic for of war reporting). No-one had ANY idea of whether more attacks would happen, where or when.

Of course, VFS was located in Downtown Vancouver. We got to the school just before 9am and as I got out of our mini-van , two CF-18s SCREAMED overhead, heading east to west right over the downtown core. People were flinching and gasping, very startled.
I got into class and said "WTF is going on"?
A couple of students in another class had hooked up the TV to an antenna and gotten a good local signal.......and THAT is when I saw the footage of the second plane coming in and hitting the second tower. I knew right then that all our lives had changed and that from that moment on we were living in a Tom Clancy novel.
That is when it all hit home for me.

The mood was sombre, grim. The programme manager came to each class and said they could be held at instructor's discretion and that phones would be made available to any student needing to call home.
I told my class, that in light of the events, the day was theirs to call. Most of us moved to the TV to watch the news. I did my shift, and bugged out just after noon.
On the way out, I chatted with Dale, the campus security guard and he said flat out that it was Islamic extremists behind it.
Had all the signature hallmarks of their "kind of attack". This from a guy sitting in the front lobby with only a small portable radio for his new source. Dale was an ex-mercenary/solider and a grizzled old coot, but he was spot-on with his assessment of this whole thing--and for the next few months he called EVERY move and reaction before it happened. He said to me that the USA would be unjustly pinning this on Iraq a full year before they invaded same.

My bus ride home took me right beside some of the tallest buildings in the city, and I can darn well say I felt VERY uncomfortable looking up at them that day. Its changed the way I viewed my home town forever, and my views of vertical cities. A year later I moved to another province with a much shorter city sky-line.

I do remember that the day was brilliant, absolutely clear skies. And even weirder was later in the day, once all the planes had landed.......the quiet........was surreal. One never really notices something in the background, until that background is gone. And for days........only the odd CF-18 was the only aircraft in the sky. I did notice far more birds flying, AND singing in trees in days after, until flights resumed.

The other strong recollection is that around 4 pm that afternoon , we had the TV on to BCTV, and Deb Hope was anchoring--had been on the air since the morning. About quarter to 5 a story came across the desk and she told of a plea from VYR asking for volunteers to accommodate stranded passengers. Apparently there was a convention in town, iirc and many rooms were already booked. My wife turned to me and said we have room for some folks.......so my wife called the number on the screen. She was placed on hold for a few minutes and I did not pay attention at first, and then I realized my wife was upset on this call, and I wondered why? She was crying, but not sad tears.
The woman on the other end, was one of about a dozen people fielding calls and she was SOBBING. She was profusely thanking my wife over and over, but was not able to place anyone with us. My wife hangs up the phone and tells me that all of the stranded folks had  been billeted with local families.
This was about 10, MAYBE 15 minutes after the phone number was first put up on screen.  I think there were a couple thousand folks needing a place--and in just 10 minutes enough people stepped up and offered them shelter. It happened THAT fast. I remember right then an astonished, almost teary-eyed Deb Hope making the SAME announcement on the TV--that ALL the passengers were accommodated and viewers should stop calling.
Amazing, and moving.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:39:35 PM by ARROW »

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »

911 was a government assisted assault on the American people To remove there freedoms and make billions of dollars.
While it was terrible and sad that all those people lost their lives, what is worse is that this was masterminded by their own government.
I was in Montreal for a Mr lif/eyedea & abilities concert and woke up at a friends house to witness the 2nd plane hit.
It will and has changed everyones lives forever.
I just cant believe how anyone could fall for the propaganda that is the "explanation" for how 2 towers collapsed, and a 3rd building that wasnt even hit by a plane collapsed all within a few hours. Complete bullshit.
I dont mean to offend anyone, especially if youve lost a loved one, or a friend, but c'mon man!
The people need to wake the f**k up, and realize that the wool is being pulled over their eyes.

Sorry for the rant...Im a little anti-government...

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

I just cant believe how anyone could fall for the propaganda that is the "explanation" for how 2 towers collapsed, and a 3rd building that wasnt even hit by a plane collapsed all within a few hours. Complete bullshit.
I dont mean to offend anyone, especially if youve lost a loved one, or a friend, but c'mon man!
To be candid, if all one looks at is material that supports  such a belief, then that is all one will believe.

I've seen both sides of the debate and the conspiracy side is............sorry, out to lunch.

Controlled demolition they say? Do they really know or understand how building demolitions work? How would it be possible for buildings with daily populations of OVER 50,000 people EACH, not notice or question people planting explosives? A job that would have taken MONTHS.
 That, to remind all, involves drilling into concrete pylons and planting and threading miles of wires. How does one do that in a building with people present at all times of the day and night--NONE of those who got out have seen ANY such work being done. Its been TEN years......has there EVER been someone who stepped forward and said they saw people on a ONGOING basis performing suspicious work to the support structure of the building.
Hasn't been a one, has there?
 Forget the Hollywood BS here. If its going to happen in conjunction with an aircraft ramming the building........then how does one guarantee the charges remain usable after that fact? There's no "buts" or "if onlys" here. What happened was what appears to have happened: a jetliner struck the building, the structure was compromised by the collision and the fires, and the buildings pancake-collapsed in on themselves. The other collapses took place as a result of buildings being structurally damaged by the WTC collapse. Why on earth would anyone try to set up something so dangerous they want GUARANTEED to happen, and then introduce such a wild variable that can fly into the face of the agenda and defeat said guarantees ??
( did you know that pretty much all building demos are done with charges physically wired to a detonator? Radio -dets are unheard of because they are impossible to control, especially in a urban location. The amount of electromagnetic signal traffic in NYC is huge, and a stray radio signal can trigger the det. That would mean having a physical wire leading to the pre-set charges. But WAIT, then you have a jetliner smashing into the building, which would damage the det-circuit. Why the hell would you risk the set-up with something so uncontrollable? Why not just fly ANOTHER plane-or two or three more-- into the building and truly make it look like THAT was the cause? A building collapse would leave evidence of the explosives used. Why would someone supposedly so cagey and clever want to leave such stupid traces? If one uses explosive experts to plant the charges, said experts would obviously, clearly remind the masterminds that explosives ALWAYS leave tell-tale traces. Why do that, if you want it to look like the result of a plane crash??
The conspiracists have no answers for that.)

The other oft-missed point is "why"? To conduct a "false-flag" operation in such a manner gains who exactly..........what? The conspiracists have no answer for that, at least nothing sensible. New World order and such nonsense aside.....the gains are far outstripped by the losses.  The "secret cabals" are largely a joke, because basic forensics say that every human interaction leaves some sort of trace or trail regardless of what kind of interaction it is. And the people......gosh, to pull something of this scale off, and to keep the traces covered that well requires an enormous number of conscience-less people all acting in precise collusion together. And the expanse of the collusion would necessitate people being in cahoots at ALL levels of society and across a very broad expanse of industry and service. If the world actually works THAT way, then why stage such a dumb kind of event on obviously such a small scale?? Why not arrange attacks on the west coast too? And why not in foreign countries--allies and bystanders? If the perps believe the public would accept attacks in two cities, why not scale up things and conspire to attack a couple more?

Uh-uh, that is not only absurd, it ludicrous. You'd have participants with guilty consciences coming forward, people spilling the "truth" with supporting evidence---and its not happened at all. Certainly in no compelling, irrefutable way that the conspiracists can defend. All they have fronted are assumptions, bad or faulty science and circular "logic".
Occam's razor applies here: the simplest explanation remains that a bunch of crazies boarded planes, commandeered them and flew them into buildings.
The "crime" of the US government was not in fomenting and fostering that act but instead of taking advantage of it after the fact.
And that is another rant and a half for some other day.........
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:40:31 PM by ARROW »