JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: WANTED: 2011 CANADIAN JOE CON ACTION FIGURE SET  (Read 3083 times)

TheCrystalShip

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
WANTED: 2011 CANADIAN JOE CON ACTION FIGURE SET
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »

I am looking to obtain one of the 125 limited edition 2011 Canadian Joe Con Action Figure Sets from the upcoming Canadian JoeCon.  Please contact me if you are going to be in a position to help me out with this set to add to my collection.  feel free to contact me at wishful_sinful@hotmail.com.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: 2011 CANADIAN JOE CON ACTION FIGURE SET
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »

go to the con and buy it yourself.

kthxbai
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »

If you can't make it to the CON, I'm sure you can find a set on ebay the next day. 

Also, Welcome to the Forum.
Lurking

TheCrystalShip

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »

Sundance if I could get away to go to Canada to get the set I would not have posted on here. And as always, it is so nice to see that friendly people are on every chat board (NOT). Why do the idiots have to continue to show their moronic tendencies?

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »

Quote from: "TheCrystalShip"
Sundance if I could get away to go to Canada to get the set I would not have posted on here. And as always, it is so nice to see that friendly people are on every chat board (NOT). Why do the idiots have to continue to show their moronic tendencies?

And as always, if a new poster doesn't get the answer they want or like and they assume the answer they get is meant to be surly. ::)
Remember its not always "moronic tendencies" at play here, when tone and context cannot be accurately read in text.
Ergo; don't assume that idiocy is being shown.

Also, do keep in mind that at on 125 sets, these things are going to be VERY sought after and will be snatched up by the first attendees to the event. If you have taken some time to read the ongoing threads regarding the CanCON events, very few of these sets end up for sale afterwards. That is why those folks seeking the sets are encouraged to travel to the event to purchase them in person.
You've not set your location yet in your profile, so no-one here has any idea of how far away you live from the convention city.

So, really........despite the terse answer you've been given the best of all possible advice on the matter.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:50 AM »

Arrow is correct. The only sure way to get a convention set is to attend and make sure you show up early.

As there is only 125 sets made, these are limited to one per household. That is one of the reasons the go for so much on places like Ebay.

In the past we've had drive up/fly up from the USA and as far as the other side of the globe.

There is no harm in asking for help in getting your set if you can not attend but as you are new to this form and they are very limited, you might not get any offers to have one picked up for you.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

gijoecarlos

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 03:49:20 AM »

It never hurts to ask though ? Hes just trying to find and awesome set from an awesome convention. Ebay is raping people at over 500.00 a set! Im just glad i have a friend that got me a set! I too will be going next year to get my own set! Lets not give someone a hard time for asking?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:06:43 AM »

Quote from: "gijoecarlos"
It never hurts to ask though ? Hes just trying to find and awesome set from an awesome convention. Ebay is raping people at over 500.00 a set! Im just glad i have a friend that got me a set! I too will be going next year to get my own set! Lets not give someone a hard time for asking?

Conclusion: Everyone is a bit right because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, Ebay is not there to rip off people that couldn't get a set. Even if these sets went for 500$ a pop, that's almost the cost of the flight just there, without counting the hotel. Buyers are aware already of their would be costs and decide ultimately what they are willing to pay on Ebay, so you can't really say that Ebay rips them off. Ebay is like any other marketplace in the end, so It all comes down to a matter of supply and demand, regardless if you alone are willing to pay the asking price or not.
2 + 2 = 22