JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Target exclusive vehicles for the show  (Read 4703 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Target exclusive vehicles for the show
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »

I have to agree with Stealth Viper and MIke.  Going to a meet to sell things, but not going through the proper channels to do so?  WTF?
You could compare this to setting up shop outside of any other  business or event and doing the same thing - it doesn't make any sense.  Why not do the same thing outside ToysRus?  Or outside silver snail?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »

I also have to agree now with Stealth Viper and Mike. I think there would've been insignificant importance if you were selling a random item of your own collection to a particular member that you actually agreed to sell through the forum, but in this case, your sales are on a larger scale pattern and dealers will be most certainly be carrying these items also in numbers and they are relying on the Meet to make good sales ( plus the fact that they are paying fees already for their tables just to earn that right and any profits they make help to cover those fees). Plus there is also the fact that the more people spend outside of the Meet, the less they will have to spend at the dealer's tables.

In light of this, I wish to give up the one case you put aside for me and will take my chances by acquiring it at the Joe Meet. Thanks anyway shdwknt but now that I realize that the others do have a point, not only I`d like to forget about the case but I recommend that you forget about bringing them to the show unless you probably trade them for something you wish to have or unless you're willing to answer to dealers who might get upset by the fact that you would be selling outside the Meet. However will the dealers have a problem with trading too if it stops them from cashing in on the sales of Target Exclusives as well? I really don't know how far we can go but the folks at Joecanuck probably will have an answer soon...

Thanks anyway, I don't doubt that you probably meant well, but it is true that this whole business, sould it take place, would be unfair and contrary to the purpose of this event.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »

shdwknt, I've altered some of your posts pertaining to the items you want to sell.

At first I had no problem with you meeting people in the parking lot, but now I'd just as much rather you not attend if your sole purpose is to make money without paying dues to the Joe Meet. Tables for the event are sold out, and were available for a LONG time.

It's unfair to the dealers (as I said) that paid a price to set up and sell at the Joe Meet. If this was one item out of your collection, I honestly wouldn't care. But you're entire purpose for attending the Joe Meet seems to be so you can make money and sell these cases.

Therefore, I've asked some of the people that were/are supposed to get cases from you, to keep me informed of where you sell your cases. I'd rather it not take place on the hotel property at all - UNLESS it is after the Joe Meet when the dealers are done for the day.

If you seriously have a problem with this, then please don't attend and place your items on ebay.

Thank you.

I don't see any further reason to have this thread open any longer.