JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: where to buy  (Read 4559 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
where to buy
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »

I was looking in a store here in Cambridge that I have never been in, and to my surprise they have almost a full wall dedicated to the gi joe 25th ann. figures. Lots of the newer waves and ones that go all the way back to the beginning of the line. Example, cobra trooper the older ones are rerelease but still and all the cards are the American cards the store is on the corner of bishop and king and its called retro rocket the single carded figures are 9.95 and the comic packs start at 15.99,  23.00 for black headed destro comic pack and the vehicles are 23.00 they also have the dvd packs and he has the tru exclusive troop builder packs on order
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: where to buy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

Whatstorewhere?

Actually that's cool - I'll check them out.

But I have to tell you that that paragraph was a tough read.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

If he still has vintage figures in that store, beware of glued parts and repro weapons with them.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »

Sorry the store is called Retro Rocket. Its located in Cambridge on the corner of Bishop and King. And I didn't mean start of the line as in vintage gi joes, but the start of the 25th line.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 06:12:22 PM »

I like Retro Rocket. I've been out that way a few times. I should go back and see it again sometime.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
Sorry the store is called Retro Rocket. Its located in Cambridge on the corner of Bishop and King. And I didn't mean start of the line as in vintage gi joes, but the start of the 25th line.

I knew what you meant. I've just heard MORE than enough horror stories about the selection of Vintage Joes there. ;-) 

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

Only vintige one I saw their was a customized 1992 gijoe hall of fame destro figure. I heard lots of bad things about that place also. Another place i found to get 25th annivasary figures, is Planet Hobby in the Square One mall, missasaga. They are kinda pricy their though, and i have had bad luck thith them and vintage figures, eg. Snow Cat was glues at the seam because the clips were broken. The torso for the driver was glued to the crotch and legs didn't move. permnatly sitting, and we got charged $60 for it oh well. It was the thought from a friend that doesn't know anything about gi joes. 

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »

if your looking for vintage in the GTA you can try my site out www.eternitycomicsandcollectibles.com

I have bought off Planet Hobby in the past but now all i buy is my model kits if they have them on sale
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »

I wish Big B in Hamilton still carried vintage stuff. I got a few Mego's there years ago and some old Transformers but they seem to have cleared out all that since.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:10:42 PM »

I know Retro Rocket. I did some trades with them years ago. I guess it's time I check them out again.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 01:06:58 AM »

hey guys just thought i would let you know Retro Rocket, here in Cambridge, has a few vehicle packs to get rid of like, the Shark/Deep Six, Firebat/Avac, and Armadillo just to name a few. And this week they have received one of the Ghost Hawk (Sky hawk) with Lift Ticket and the Stingraider (water Moccasin) with Copperhead. He is selling them for 28+ tax each.

This is Ghost Hawk               http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... er=HJ68914
And Water Moccasin             http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... er=HJ68915

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 09:01:51 AM »

Thanks for the heads up but the price is a bit high for me. If they drop the price $5.00 then I might make the trip.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.