JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI JOE DVD box set  (Read 9061 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
GI JOE DVD box set
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

Is anyone ordering the Box set directly from Shout Factory.  I've been having problems ordering from them.  They say my credit card bill to address doesn't match the company info but I used the info from my credit card statement?  I even called directly to order and received an email two days later saying the same thing.  What I don't understand is I've used this card and info countless times to order stuff over the phone and internet.

If anyone wants to share an order I'm game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: GI JOE DVD box set
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »

I received the same email and just responded to them with my address information again (exactly as I had entered it online).  They responded a few days later saying that my order was released for shipment.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:11:45 AM »

I'm just going to wait for it to show up at Amazon.ca... :cobra:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:53:30 AM »

I'm hoping these show up at Walmart. That way I won't have to pay shipping.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »

The complete collector set is supposed to be an exclusive of sorts (SDCC, their web site).

I would not expect it to be stocked at most "large" retailers. Maybe some specialty stores, but note widely carried.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »

To add to what Stealth wrote, I also wouldn't hold your breath for any major Canadian chains to pick it up - IF it's even offered.

Shout has been doing good with sales from what I understand via the site. They'll most likely concentrate on putting out the single seasons (S1.1, S1.2, etc) instead of marketing this.

That being said, I could see them re-releasing it after all the seasons have been put out. But leaving something out or adding something new.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
I'm hoping these show up at Walmart. That way I won't have to pay shipping.
Shipping on stuff from Amazon.ca that costs more than forty bucks (like these boxed sets) is free. Usually their prices are better than Amazon, especially on pre-order stuff. They usually get the big ticket releases that the US site gets, the listings just show up later.

In an interview the guy who is doing the sets said they are starting by offering them on their website and that they will have them in stores later in time for X-mas. He specifically mentioned Amazon as well, although he may have been referring to only .com and not .ca Amazon. He also mentioned Canada was getting it. With the movie on the horizon you can bet they are giving this set a full retail roll-out for the holidays.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Shout has been doing good with sales from what I understand via the site. They'll most likely concentrate on putting out the single seasons (S1.1, S1.2, etc) instead of marketing this.

That being said, I could see them re-releasing it after all the seasons have been put out. But leaving something out or adding something new.

I think this is likely going to be the case. The single season sets will likely come out one at a time for mass retail, then a box set that will be different from this online/SDCC exclusive. This is the most likely given the potential for them to double dip on the hardcore collectors. Lucaas has been doing that for years.

I'm not a big toon fan, never really felt it did the property justice even as a kid, but I did enjoy some of the episodes, so I would like to get the seasons, but only if I can get them for relatively cheap. I don't need a super-duper box set, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up the episodes down the line for a decent price.

For toon fans though it is nice to see such a nicely put together set.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

Quote from: "Storm.Shadow"
I received the same email and just responded to them with my address information again (exactly as I had entered it online).  They responded a few days later saying that my order was released for shipment.

Thanks Storm Shadow.  I think that did the trick.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

kdawg33

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:16 PM »

Can't wait counting the days until July 21st, tired of watching the episodes on my laptop lol...need my joes on 42" tv
Britney Spears is the worlds hottest woman!!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »

July 21st is going to be a good week for DVD.  GI Joe, Battlestar, Watchmen...  mang.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Is anyone ordering the Box set directly from Shout Factory.  I've been having problems ordering from them.  They say my credit card bill to address doesn't match the company info but I used the info from my credit card statement?  I even called directly to order and received an email two days later saying the same thing.  What I don't understand is I've used this card and info countless times to order stuff over the phone and internet.

If anyone wants to share an order I'm game.

that is because the American company is not accepting your Canadian issued Credit Card.