JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What kind of Viper would you be?  (Read 7223 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
What kind of Viper would you be?
« on: August 02, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »

I got this crazy idea for a new thread...we all know that Cobra forces consist of various types of Vipers.  Their names are usually descriptive of their military specialty (ex. Alley Vipers are urban combat, Strato-Vipers fly the Night Ravens) etc.  So what kind of Viper would you be, given your current profession?

olyeller01 is a Paint-Viper.

Cobra, being the international terrorist organization that it is, has significant infrastructure and investment in both buildings and vehicles.  Paint-Vipers ensure that all of those buildings and all of those vehicles stay protected with the latest in paint and coatings technology, ensuring that Cobra's investment in material will last - at least until the next SkyStriker bombing run.

Paint-Vipers use airless paint sprayer technology to finely atomize the paint.  The 3000+ PSI stream that the sprayer puts out can also double as a weapon in a pinch.

Being the villainous and international organization that it is, Cobra only uses paints and coatings from ICI.  This is in direct contrast to GI Joe, which has an exclusive government contract with Sherwin-Williams  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:37:33 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of Viper would you be?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »

I would be an Infra-Viper :). "Infra" for infrastructure". An Infra-Viper would actually have the same basic combat training as vipers but its real weapon is the ability to master any form of tool and construction machinery and undertake building infrastructure projects for Cobra. In addition to their basic combat and engineering training ( common ground to Techno-Vipers ), Infra-Vipers must also undergo native and indigenous language learning to assimilate all the traditional ways of building in their immediate environment ( by "recruiting" local advisories ) and be able to adapt the building to the foreign climatic, geographic, seismic conditions of a new construction site. If not approached by the right professionals, a construction site may pose an actual threat to Cobra, possibly even bigger than the financial losses to Gi joe in combat each year!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:52:55 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »

i would be a welda-viper.
welda-vipers have the same basic training as the infantry vipers, only our masks are designed especially for us to do welding, our backpacks are actually portable welders, to repair that armour on the fly.
Welda-vipers are very important, because hey cobra commander needs someone to build his hiss tanks, and planes, as he destroys them so fast.
And who else is gonna weld detros bats for him.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 05:24:43 PM by dodge822 »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »

Couch-Potatra-Viper. We watch the Commander's TV for him
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »

Superviper.  Send out schedules and watch other people work.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"

Wouldn't that be Boss Viper, Manager-Viper, or Michael Viper?  (Couldn't resist an Office joke).
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 03:18:12 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"

Wouldn't that be Boss Viper, Manager-Viper, or Michael Viper?  (Couldn't resist an Office joke).

Those would be the next level in management.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »

So, pdaat, are you an assistant manager like myself?  An occupation that could also probably be better described as B**ch-Viper?  I have to mind the store while my Boss-Viper goes out on "sales calls" (playing golf, going to lunch, or riding around with our sales reps meeting with customers).  And whenever something goes wrong and I'm not around, guess who gets the blame?
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »

so being the paint-viper, you get to see all the tanks i build, before the commander does, so i would hope you tell me if their is something wrong, lol
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 06:39:30 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
so being the paint-viper, you get to see all the tanks i build, before the commander does, so i would hope you tell me if their is something wrong, lol

Yeah, and all the orange peel on the finish is because of the Welda-Viper's crappy welds.  Or so I'd tell the Commander anyway  ;D
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"

So, pdaat, are you an assistant manager like myself?  An occupation that could also probably be better described as B**ch-Viper?  I have to mind the store while my Boss-Viper goes out on "sales calls" (playing golf, going to lunch, or riding around with our sales reps meeting with customers).  And whenever something goes wrong and I'm not around, guess who gets the blame?
Sort of.  I am a supervisor at a food plant.  I certainly don't get much perks, but it sounds like I have it a little better than you.  Sounds like you work in retail - there are a lot more perks to be had there (if you are higher up in the chain of command I guess).

But yeah, its our job to catch crap when things go wrong - but so does my boss.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »

Audit-Vipers... To be sure the Extensive Enterprise's stocks don't become suspected and under investigation by the Stock and Exchange Commission (SEC)  :shifty:

Martin