JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What PoC Filecards Should Have Been  (Read 1941 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
What PoC Filecards Should Have Been
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:37:04 AM »

Reading through the answers in the latest Q&A, I came upon this (from JoeSightings.com):

''Q: While the overall aesthetics on the PoC have been great, we were wondering about a few things we weren’t sure on, such as the computerized/corded device on Beachhead’s leg---what is it; why are the Jungle-Vipers "blind" by having only the scleras painted in but not the iris or pupils; and why was the decision made to use red as the color for the VAMP’s undercarriage instead of a more tactical color that would have matched better?

A: Here is what the design team had in mind for each: The computerized device tethered to BEACHHEAD's leg is actually a GPS location device and a mobile mission server. It is tethered to his leg to track his main vitals as well as his rate of movement based on his footsteps and heartrate.

On the JUNGLE VIPER, his irises and pupils have been diminished by long hours of wearing the advanced optical network attached to his face and eyes. If you look closely at the tips of the blades, you’ll notice small red dots in pairs. Each of these is actually a small set of stereoscopic infrared cameras hidden in 24 different spots all over the Jungle Viper's Opti-Camo Suit. Each camera broadcasts a closed-circuit signal directly to the headset camera unit of the marksman, giving him literally “eyes in the back of his head.” His headset unit has onboard threat recognition software that allows infrared data to be processed and understood as hostile or non-hostile to the soldier. He can immediately switch to the camera unit that is picking up the “threat signal,” like a fly or a wasp. The effects of this technology alter the biology of the human eye.

On the VAMP, the undercarriage details are red to imitate performance off-road braning systems per the request of the Creative Director at the time who who is an automotive enthusiast.''

Personally, I think this type of info should have been the basis for the PoC filecards. For example, it gives great insight into the Jungle Viper's capabilities and training and also their day-to-day reality. It seems like kids could use this to create a bunch of different stories and scenarios. Just a thought.

OB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What PoC Filecards Should Have Been
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »

Well said.. today's filecards are downright useless!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »

to be honest I prefer most filecards to have very little information as I prefer to make up my own vision for a character. I could easily live with a filecard just stating what he does and what his weapons are and real name.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

THats awesome information.  I love the added info.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »

I'm with OB, the better info on the file card the better other wise who cares? It will make the card usless.  Really how many people like that they switched to the ID cards now instead of the real file cards of the past?
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »

I always liked the amount of detail that was written on a filecard, especially when the character's personality was described.

I still remember getting my Freefall figure and started playing with him, then read the filecard and finding out the character was arrogant and cocky.  It totally changed how I perceived him.  But then when I was playing with him I started using him with his character traits and it made it more fun.  For myself, if they didn't outline the characters basic personality, I would have had all my characters act and behave similar.

I would like to see the filecards updated but have more information on them.  I guess I would like to see them more like the Valor vs Venom cards.  They are updated, but still have useful information on them.