JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Commemorative Series Transformers on sale  (Read 13088 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Commemorative Series Transformers on sale
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »

At TRU Canada. Just came from there. $39.99 ones were on for $19.99. All the "Commemorative Series" transformers were marked up to 50% off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 10:59:58 PM »

What a kick in the pants this is. I bought all them at regular price.   :x  And if Ricochet is on sale I will be more ticked as I bought this latest CA TF two weeks ago.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 07:35:29 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
What a kick in the pants this is. I bought all them at regular price.   :x  And if Ricochet is on sale I will be more ticked as I bought this latest CA TF two weeks ago.

same here.  I have successfully managed to miss every single 50% sale :evil:   I've read that rico is not on sale though
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 12:31:29 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm not really into Transformers anymore and sold most of them on ebat years ago but I swung by and picked up the last Prowl my Toys R Us had just for the heck of it. Of this line I own Star Scream and now Prowl. I also have a MIB, never opened Blitz wing around here somewhere. For some reason I can't see myself parting with that one and I don't know why.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 01:39:29 AM »

I'm  aiming  for one  of   those  bluestreaks   at teh  TRU  in Kitchener   come  my  next  payday  from the gov't    Only one  i  want  ( that  I  don't ahve a reissue  of allready)  

hope  there is  at least one left  for me  in a two  weeks.
Zinthos.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »

They had at least 6 of them yesterday. You should be O.K. To bad they ran out of Jazz and Grapple.

BTW, who is Rico? Also, has this line been canceled?

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 08:38:38 AM »

So who the heck is Ricochet anyhow? I looked on ebay and it looks like a repaint of Jazz but I don't remember this character. Anyone got the 411 on this one?

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 03:36:28 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
So who the heck is Ricochet anyhow? I looked on ebay and it looks like a repaint of Jazz but I don't remember this character. Anyone got the 411 on this one?

Rico is a new character in the US continuity (if the reissues are considered "canon").  He is basically our version of "Stepper", who was released in the Japanese Headmasters line (I think).  He's a Jazz repaint, basically the colours are reversed and the chrome is made gold.  He also has a Targetmaster partner and the cool thing about the new Stepper/Ricochet release is that the original release was sort of lacking; he had the targetmaster pretty much but the new one has all the Jazz weapons too, and the ability to use the Targetmaster as a pistol, shoulder cannon, and even a cannon in vehicle mode.  So, essentially, for us Ricochet is like a new recruit from Cybertron and also a cool way to get what was once an insanely priced Japanese exclusive (Stepper was difficult to get for many years I believe).
Sabu

Check out my music:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 03:48:52 PM »

Thanks for the info. It's funny, I've finally gotten around to watching  the episodes I bought on DVD and now with the figures being 50 % off (now affordable) I feel like I'm started to get sucked back in. Mind you, I'm not going to kill my wallet over this so if there are figures from this series sold out my local Toys R Us (like Jazz) then so be it. I won't own that figure.

So next question. Has this line been canceled? Just trying to figure out why Toys R Us is having a sale since they never have sales on anything good.

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »

Thanks for the info. It's funny, I've finally gotten around to watching  the episodes I bought on DVD and now with the figures being 50 % off (now affordable) I feel like I'm started to get sucked back in. Mind you, I'm not going to kill my wallet over this so if there are figures from this series sold out my local Toys R Us (like Jazz) then so be it. I won't own that figure.

So next question. Has this line been canceled? Just trying to figure out why Toys R Us is having a sale since they never have sales on anything good.

TRU has cleasranced their G1 reissues at least 3 times so far in the past 4-5 months (and I missed every one :evil: ).  Not sure if this applied to other stuff too, I only go in for Joes/TFs/MOTU.  TRU may be giving up the ghost soon, maybe the G1 reissues are on hiatus until a definite plan of action can be determined.  Ricochet is the only series 9 reissue out so far, maybe he'll be the last?
Sabu

Check out my music:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 08:30:53 PM »

Astrotrain is next to be released.  I have not heard this line was being cancelled or anything...yet.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67