JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2012 Canadian Joe Con Appreciation thread.  (Read 19359 times)

Gyre-Viper

Re: 2012 Canadian Joe Con Appreciation thread.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »

I cannot express in words how much fun I had and how impressed I was with not only the convention, but all the attendees I met at said convention.  First of all, a HUUUGE thank you to The Mikeā„¢ and the CJC Crew for having us.  This was Joe Declassified's first appearance anywhere other than the U.S. Joe Con AND it was our first attempt at a panel.  So a mighty, mighty thank you to Mike and everyone for allowing us to represent ourselves and to do what we do.  I personally had an amazing time.  Everyone was so nice and so knowledgeable.  We got so much valuable feedback and had so much fun talking with everyone.  On a personal note... it was my first CJC and I will do everything I can to make sure I never miss one after this. It was such a fantastic atmosphere.  So organized and there was absolutely no stress.  Absolutely worth every hour of travel and every dime spent.  I hope Joe Declassified's presence at the booth and at the panel provided something unique and entertaining for everyone.  Again, I had so much fun and again thank you so much for having us.  Every day next week, we will be making public something from the booth or panel on JoeDeclassified.com and JoeDeclassified.com/forum so if you guys want a better look or another look at some of the items from the convention... keep it locked to the sites next week. 

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »

I have fun again this year!

Unfortunately, I missed Joe Declassified panel  :'( . But I met the guys at their booth. Robert Atkins was very generous, funny and gives a lot of details on how he found his job, how he works, how he coordinates his work with others artists to produce a comic. Many thanks to him! In fact, like what Zack Hoffman did, I really like when guests share their own experiences and deliver it with humour and simplicity. Well done Robert!

Dealers had great selection... even if I didn't find that Tiger Force Recondo ::) . It was my first time getting in the Friday night. And if the formula is the same next year (with pre-order ticket giving access to Friday night + early bird + normal day), I will repeat this experience for sure!

I didn't know Hasbro were to be MIA and the panel order was replanned... I understood that some annoncement were made on the CJC Facebook page, but since I'm not a Facebook member, I missed some intel. Maybe all CJC information should be also published on JoeCanuck website since this is the place where we all connect.

Since I always like to give constructive feedback, here is one suggestion about the draw... There were draws all around the day and sometimes draw happens when we were going to a panel or still in the panel talking to the guest. So, I maybe won something without knowing it. Maybe the draw can be made anytime, let say 5 tickets at the time then put on a board (at entry). So we can see, from time to time, if we won. And, the prize would be distributed on the first come first serve basis with the choice still available. For example, let say there is a draw at 10 am. I was in the bathroom, so I don't know about it. Instead of missing it. During the day I would take a look at the "winning board". Let's say it's now 1 pm and I see my ticket won earlier today, then I would go to the entry table to choose my prize between the one still available. At the end of the day, all non claim prizes would be offered again. Would it be fair?

Hotel organization was perfect again. I really like free parking and free internet access  8) !

Many thanks to all!!

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

Hey, Hasbro did not attend / present?  I was actually looking forward to that presentation, but my buddy was getting antsy, so we left.  I was going to ask people what they said.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »

The Hasbro Q&A was cancelled - we explained why in the Staff Q&A.
Not a big deal really - they'll be forwarding their answers to us soon and we'll post them on here.

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

The Canadian Joe Con gets better each year. All in all, just a real great experience. Wish I could have made it in earlier on Friday night.

A huge thanks to Mike and the whole CJC team for getting this all together. I really appreciate all the work that goes in each year to make it happen.

So glad to see familiar faces and catch up.

Jason is always a blast and his work keeps improving each year.

Glad to be able to chat it up with Gyre-Viper. I felt I learned a whole lot more on joes. Always nice to see James and Gary.

I was able to find a some goodies at the con and on the way there :)

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »

For me, this year's whole Canadian Joe Con trip in general was the best experience yet.
THANK YOU Mike and all of the CJC staff for putting on a fun, exciting but still laid-back event.
Besides the dealer room, (which was awesome by the way) I really enjoyed the panel put on by Joe Declassified. I'm glad to read that Gyre-Viper plans to attend again next year. I would love for Joe Declassified to become a regular part of the CJC experience!
Talking with Jason Loo and James Kavanaugh, as well as finally meeting Gary Godsoe of WOJM was also awesome.

I'm already looking forward to next year's con as I'm sure that we will all be talking about the high and low points of G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Gyre-Viper

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

For me, this year's whole Canadian Joe Con trip in general was the best experience yet.
THANK YOU Mike and all of the CJC staff for putting on a fun, exciting but still laid-back event.
Besides the dealer room, (which was awesome by the way) I really enjoyed the panel put on by Joe Declassified. I'm glad to read that Gyre-Viper plans to attend again next year. I would love for Joe Declassified to become a regular part of the CJC experience!
Talking with Jason Loo and James Kavanaugh, as well as finally meeting Gary Godsoe of WOJM was also awesome.

I'm already looking forward to next year's con as I'm sure that we will all be talking about the high and low points of G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

As long as you'll have us... we'll be there.   

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »

As long as you'll have us... we'll be there.

Consider it an open-door for you guys to attend Gary.

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »

Great con again. 

You did a great job guys, well organized.  Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was cool. 
Joe Declassified's panel was my favourite and i hope to see them again next year.
I also liked the custom table,  I saw awesome customs and  i'm working on some for next year.

Thanks to Mike and everyone involved, I had great time.

See you next year!
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »

I also want to say well done CJC team and for all the big efforts in making this another successful event. My family and I had a load of fun, and I believe that some of your staff will remember my daughter as that crazy little girl that ran happily down every aisle. My daughter was even happy that we found a ride for her Barbie. She wouldn't stop playing it during our trip. And not to mention that she enjoyed taking a group picture with the whole gi joe cosplay team. I actually took that picture so that I can show it to her one day in case she decides to make fun of her old man LOL, and of course so that I can say one day thanks for the memories CJC 2012.

I'll be one of the few to admit that I didn't come primarly for the guests or for the panels, and I don't regret saying that at all. I had a different plan this year which was to spend a bit more time catching up with people from the boards, and spending some great family time. I got to shake hands with Formbx which was on my to-do list since the last convention. I wish I could've spoken to him a little more as I forgot the words I wanted to tell him, but the good news is there's always another year to look forward to.

Sorry Condor and gang that we arrived late for dinner, and thanks for inviting us to hang out with everyone of you. GSmiley and his buddy from Ottawa kept us good company as always with their bag full of jokes lol. My youngest daughter bonded very quickly with Dodge822's wife, so I guess I found the perfect babysitter. All we gotta do now if move to the Falls.

By the way, this is not criticism but I'd like to see the CJC move to another location. My family went to Niagara Falls after the con, and I can say is that is a perfect place to host a joe convention. It's been said before by someone else, but I felt like confirm it for myself: I'D LOVE TO SEE NEXT YEAR'S CJC MOVE TO NIAGARA FALLS FOR AT LEAST ONCE.

2 + 2 = 22

RichieRich

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »

Thanks for holding this guys. It's the one convention where I end up picking up the most stuff needed for my collection. It's a lot of hard work but it is appreciated.

A suggestion (not sure if there was a separate thread for this)....

- Promote Promote Promote. I think I received one email for the con which is about 10 too few.  I know the newsletter had stopped but you guys should still send out bi-monthly (or monthly) emails telling people what's up with JoeCanuck.com and the yearly con.  Build some momentum!

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

Wasn't there but I'm glad everyone had so much fun, thanks to Mike, the team and all that made it happen! So happy my Joe buddies are happy! :)
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/