JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Best figure ever!  (Read 3069 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
Best figure ever!
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »

Finally scored a P.O.C Lowlight with a little help from a friend.  $25 !!! ( super mint card )

Not the most valuable figure in my collection but crown jewel non the less.

Awesome!

I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Best figure ever!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »

I disagree, but only on minor points. It's a nice figure, it's got loads of details and gear, but it has flaws.  I have two of them and they share the same problems.

One--being that the forearms on the figure are too bulky to properly use the included sniper rifle.  They make holding the rifle very awkward and the wrist articulation is affected inside the bulkier forearms.
Two--the rifle itself is flimsy and prone to falling apart. Marauder John makes a  much nice, much more solid sample of the same rifle.
Three-- if there was one figure in the line that demanded an additional articulation point designed into the figure, it's POC Lowlight.  He NEEDS an additional neck joint/POA point so he can look up while prone. It would have been the perfect feather in the cap for this figure.
Four-- the backpack and gun bag do not hold securely while on the figure's back. Again, owning two figures says to me that this is a fairly common design problem, and it can make posing the figure with all the gear on very fussy.

That said the figure has incredible detail and tiny parts.  The single round, the handset and antenna for the radio, the spotter's scope.......all are just awesome inclusions.  If Hasbro had been fore-thinking on this, they could have given us that neck POA I mentioned previously, and then re-used that idea with another figure ( say, Barrel-Roll) later on.....and then you'd have the makings of a sniper-team pair. One shooting and the other spotting....and BOTH able to pose prone and realistically.
Still Lowlight is a nice figure, and a good example of what Hasbro is really capable of when they pull out most of the stops.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »

I must revise my previous statement of " Awesome ! "

The new statement is: " Lowlight is awesome when mint in package " LOL

Problems such as weapons not holding together, not being able to get the placement of the figure the way i want it, and over all just plain losing the weapons is reason #1 why i collect only on card figures.

Reason #2 : I like my collection to take up a lot of room, and having the visual part of " WOW look @ all this stuff ". ( I think i might have a Nepolian complex going on here ???:-\

Reason #3 : Is of course, the $$$. When i pay 25$ for a figure its nice to know that someday if im in dire straights and have to sell some figures off, that i can get back close to or more then i payed. Not have them all loose and fetching 3 or 4 dollars each.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »

I've got the Slaughter's Marauder's 7-pack version which is nice because I can do Maurice LaMarche's "The Brain" voice when sending him into battle.

Barbecue: What do you want to do tonight, Low-Light?
Low-Light: The same thing we do every night...

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »

I've got the Slaughter's Marauder's 7-pack version which is nice because I can do Maurice LaMarche's "The Brain" voice when sending him into battle.

Barbecue: What do you want to do tonight, Low-Light?
Low-Light: The same thing we do every night...

The Marauder's 7 pack is deff. on my list of things to get for my collection. But with all that green and blue paint going on in that pack, i know in my heart of heart's ill always like the P.O.C Lowlight better.

Now if we could only get a Shockwave figure done along the same lines as the P.O.C cobra shock trooper. That would be nice.

The one in the 25th ann. comic 2 pack is nice.

It would just be really, really great to be able to get one looking more modern ish.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:48:57 AM »

The FSS Wide Scope kind of accomplishes that

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »

congrats bro hes one jewel in mine also...i know how bad u wanted him
another is my ren. storm, as well as 25th snakes w/ poc snake...25th is the one i pick at most iknow common but just love using him allot lol

santa clause got me coming retal. 3.5 wave kwinn, stormy and budo cherry picked for me and im sooo stoked to get em, all will be more jewels. and im a vintages 80s fig collecter :) 

cheers to lowlight!
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/