JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Fan Expo 2015  (Read 4497 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Fan Expo 2015
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:28:44 AM »

Something I've been thinking about for a few weeks now is that I won't be surprised about is if I hear the Hasbro both at Fan Expo has leftover SDCC stuff.

Before I started to go they had GI Joe stuff but every year I went they didn't.

Looking at the Hasbro Toy Shop on line they still have the Crimson Strike Sets and the Kreo sets. People who wanted them have already bought them. I did and it cost me $300 after the dollar exchange, shipping and taxes. That was for 1 Crimson Strike set and 1 Sgt. Slaughter Kreo set.

If anyone is going to Fan Expo, can you let me know if I'm right? I'm not going this year.

BTW, the best day to shop is the Thursday (if they still open on Thursday). Smaller crowd, more inventory.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Expo 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 03:05:56 PM »

I'll let you know.  I have a ticket for Thursday only, for the reasons you mentioned.

Haven't gone it awhile.  The last two times I went were when they had the HISS Scout and cycle armour, and the time before when they had Galactus and Sgt. Slaughter.

Like you I checked out what was still available at HTS and I hope they show up at Fan Expo.

Would love it if the Book of Vishanti and Ant-Man sets also showed, but I won't hold out hope.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »

I'll let you know.  I have a ticket for Thursday only, for the reasons you mentioned.

Haven't gone it awhile.  The last two times I went were when they had the HISS Scout and cycle armour, and the time before when they had Galactus and Sgt. Slaughter.

Like you I checked out what was still available at HTS and I hope they show up at Fan Expo.

Would love it if the Book of Vishanti and Ant-Man sets also showed, but I won't hold out hope.

Ant man set sold out so I doubt that one will show up.

Have fun and give us a report on the event.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »

Crap.

So I went yesterday and Hasbro said there was a problem and nothing would be available for sale until today.

Not surprising for the Star wars stuff, but it screws me for the regular stuff.

Also, they only had MLP, SW and Transformers stuff.  No GI Joe or Marvel Legends coming.  So really no big loss for me.