JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 80s Toy Expo in Burlington  (Read 5606 times)

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
80s Toy Expo in Burlington
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »

Hey guys, anyone going to the 80s Toy Expo  in Burlington this weekend?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 80s Toy Expo in Burlington
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »

I may go if the weather holds up.  I highly doubt I will find anything I want on my list.  Most of the stuff is HTF anyways. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

savageplay

• View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »

i am going (i am brining my 5 year old god son who i have gotten into gi joes with me, it'll be his first show...getting him psyced up for the joe meetup in april)

Gerjurdking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »

Heh, that's funny. I have a five year old brother that I am getting into Joes as well. I've bought him a few 25th items and some of the elite operations vehicles you can find at TRU. For the most part he'd been playing with my (mostly destroyed) Rattler, Skystriker, and Phantom X-19 among other original vehicles.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »

Keep in mind before you spent money on vehicles guys - the Joe Meet has a FREEBIE table - and it's usually packed with incomplete vehicles. ;-)

Would want you to waste money at one show - only to get stuff for free at another.

savageplay

• View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »

ya taht is true. i got alot of stuff that is being put to use in my cobra mountain (man i feel like a loser now, been almost working on it for a YEAR and it's not done. Damn having a girl friend take up alot of your time...oh wait we just broke up,....now more time for toys LOL)

oh if anyone is going to this burlington show (or the joe show in april) taht needs or wants to trade for some of the new crimsonguard figures (I have 3 extra still in package) OR packaged stormshadow (verson 22 - only have one figure and the package is bent, meh). Really i don't need anymore stuff, stuff for my 5 year old god son would be awesome though (vehicles with missles that shoot are his favorites) but i just grabbed them up cause, why not. I also have a bunch of the cobra Air troopers if someone REALY desperate need one or a few, but i really can always use more cobra soldiers lol)

I will sell them if someone really wants them (probably at $8 each,,,,and ya i'll be honest, at that, i'd actualy making a small profit off that, that's why i grabbed them up)

just message me back.

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 06:49:37 PM »

Just got back from the 80s Toy Expo in Burlington.  It was pretty nice and the kids loved the Darth Vader, Jedi, and Storm Troopers in costume.  All I can say is that Transformers were very well represented but I'm so glad I dont collect 'em - G1 Wheeljack loose = $125!!!  And someone had a blotchy '84 storm shadow for $75!!!!

One guy had the World Title signed by Edge and Mysterio for I think $500 ~ only if it was Ric Flair's signature...*sigh*

There were lots of 25A Joes on hand too, but everyone was sold out of Battle Armor CC (I needed one loose) and only one vendor from Ohio had reasonable prices ($6 MOC, $5 loose) when everyone else had $10-$20 depending on the character - insane!

Snagged 2 loose Stinger Drivers - would have taken all 3 in the box but these other two dudes were looking so I was kind enough to give them my third grrrr, a MOC Snowjob to open, and the Cobra logo from the legion pack.  Honestly there were a ton of army builders of all kinds - would have been a 25A army builder's dream.

$18 in total.  Not much but I'm saving for the Canadian Joe Meet on April 19th!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:04:21 PM by Bandalero »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »

Sounds like I didn't miss much.   And your right about G1 Transformer prices.  That is the main reason why I am not collecting them.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 01:01:28 AM »

Jeeze I would have loved to have been there just for the guy from ohio selling joes for a decent price.

Anyone think there are going to be decent vendors at the joe meet and not gouging 11-20 bucks depending on the character?

(I can stand to pay 10 bucks and I've never been to a joe meet so I don't know what the vendors are usually like)

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »

Actually as I was digging through his loose 25A box another guy was talking to the Ohio vendor about the Joecanuck Meet in April.  So I chimed in - "yeah, Larry Hama is going to be there" to which he gave a grand no-response (gasp!) but he admitted that he really didn't know much about the 3 3/4" Joes and was more into the 12" which he has a lot of stock of apparently. 

Anyways, he was given this website so he might or might not sign up.  Nice guy by the looks of it, I'm regretting giving up that 3rd Stinger driver nor looking more carefully through the box for the Cobra soliders with red cobra symbols.  Just saw all those joes and got overwhelmed.

As for vintage MOC, one dealer had a lot of the 90s joes and I only saw 1 MOC Chuckles from '87 for $60.

Loved checking out all the he-man stuff, there was a complete Greyskull and a ton of the characters, even saw Webster (my first and only He-Man figure).

Pete I think you're more after those foriegn exclusives to fill out your collection right?  They didn't have much if any at all of that.  But if you wanted to build your 25A Cobra solider army (officers, Air Troopers, comic soliders) there was a bucket load of that. 

Hopefully next year we'll see more vipers, tele-vipers, and bats in those bins.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:27 AM »

Quote from: "K.B."
Anyone think there are going to be decent vendors at the joe meet and not gouging 11-20 bucks depending on the character?

I'd say that's a very safe bet.
Most likely in the $8.00 to $10.00 range. But keep in mind, some figures are tougher to find now (Flint, etc) so paying a little more isn't that bad since we (Canada) missed out on so many.

As for the 80's expo. Mainly Transformers. I spoke to 3 Joe dealers and none  were that impressed - ONE of them thought they were AT the Joe Meet and was extremely disappointed.

Far too much Transformers for my tastes. And the overpriced items were in abundance - but you can't control what dealers sell things for. ;-)

I did pick up a Mego Lizard figure cheap. I'd been looking for one for about 4 years. It had a broken finger - which I had a spare hand for at home anyway - so it worked out great.

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »

Good to hear it wont be to to taxing on the old wallet, this is my first joe meet so I really don't know what to expect vendor wise. I should also correct myself and  say I dont mind paying 12 bucks for certain joes seeing as thats what I paid for my v1 storm shadow.

How much did you have to shell out for the lizard if you don't mind me asking...I love and miss the old megos and have wanted to grab some old beat up ones for nostalgia but can never find any in a decent price range.