JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Anyone getting Doc?  (Read 9521 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone getting Doc?
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

The ones I ordered have showed up at my relatives in Michigan, the only problem is I don't know when I will be going over to see them or when they will be coming up to stay with us.
It was so long ago that I ordered I don't even remember how many I ordered - I am no I ordered at least 3...
one to keep, one to open, and one for my son.  (I think 5 was the max?)

Anyone have one of the original Duke arm version and the new arm version? I am assuming the ones that are waiting for me are the new arm from the later production run.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »

pdaat hooked me up on the original production run with the crappy Duke hands. 

I bought a second production run Doc with the updated hands off ebay.  I also managed to get a second one, but with damaged packaging.  That is the one I will open.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »

I've got one with a "2" on the flare gun, whatever that means.  I think that's the second production run?  I'm conflicted on whether or not I should open it, but I think I'll leave it in it's box, for now.  If I get my hands on a second, then that'll be my shelfer.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »

yeah, I got my Doc this week too.. got him off ebay, pretty good price too... 14.00 +shipping. thought it was a pretty good deal. DOC is amazing!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »

I am going to have ebay for him. It seems pretty unfair of Hasbro to release a mainstream carded figure like that. Maybe it only feels unfair because I've been able to participate in promos in the past when I lived in Oregon.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »

$14.00 with shipping is a decent price.  I'd be willing to part with that for the figure.  There are still a lot out there, it seems...  It's been half a year and still a lot of auctions, so hopefully by summer the prices will swing a little lower.  But man, do I wish they would have released him widely, too...  maybe there's still a chance to see him in a 5-pack or something.

I'd be interested to know how backed up their mail room is at sending these out.  I sent out two order forms - one in August and another in September...  if I get one in December, I hope that maybe I'll get a second in January.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 09:00:47 AM »

The one i orderd at the end of June start of Aug has just arrived at my uncleds house in california. I'm just waiting till the christmas rush is over to have it sent to me. or i can wait another 4 months for april when he comes up for his visit. I dont know im kinda excited to get it though so i think shipping it is. lol.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »

My buddy in the States bought two, and one of them's for me.  I think he's going to ship him off to me along with the UBP.  Woot!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!