JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Its another girl!  (Read 4590 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Its another girl!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 02:56:57 AM »

Thanks everyone, unfortunately things have gone downhill for my little girl, due to several factors regarding her birth and apparently her inablity to absorb all the food in her stomach (she absorbs some but not nearly enough nutrients) she's been moved into the NICU in St. Boniface Hospital here in Winnipeg.

Basically she doesn't eat because she can't absorb enough food in her body from her stomach. Since she isn't absorbing the nutrients certain things and criteria that a newborn has to hit (i.e her sugar levels in her blood are lower then they want) before being allowed to go home aren't happening, They've tried bottle, finger feeding, even dropping a tube directly into her stomach. She now is hooked up into an I.V unit for direct injection into the blood.  That's about all I can re-call for now. I've barely slept since she was born.

Sorry about this, I don't know any of you personally but it just feels ok to mention this for some reason. Anyways I'll probably be in and out over the next couple of days. I'll update later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 06:25:24 AM »

That's terrible.  I've had one turn blue after 12 hours due to a staph infection and another spend a few days in an oxygen tent, so I hear you.

Praying for the best.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »

yah! good news here. Little Deanna has turned around very quickly and has responded amazingly. She's now digesting her food, and she's maintaining her blood sugars well enough that they are lowering her concentration and drip rateof the I.V after each feed. The doctors will continue to do this until she can maintain her own sugar levels without an I.V. Awesome how much change there is for her. She looks better. here's a few pics.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »

that is a beautiful little angel you have their b, hope everything keeps going good, and you get to take her home soon, all the best.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:32:37 PM by dodge822 »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

Very happy and relieved that she is doing better!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!