JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: From Hasbro - Zellers 50% Off Most of Rise of Cobra toys starts TODAY  (Read 23305 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: From Hasbro - Zellers 50% Off Most of Rise of Cobra toys starts TODAY
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

No Tiger Rat's left at the 2 Zellers I hit but grabbed another Python Conquest for $14.99 and some of the smaller vehicles for $9.99 like the mole pod and that Joe version of the Fire Bat.

Thanks Ed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »

It gets even better. I just buy some pots and pans on sale for $99.99 (normally $199.99). The total after taxes was $90.39 (?) PLUS I was told that if you spend over $75.00 you get a $10.00 gift card. I think the gift card is this weekend only.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
It gets even better. I just buy some pots and pans on sale for $99.99 (normally $199.99). The total after taxes was $90.39 (?) PLUS I was told that if you spend over $75.00 you get a $10.00 gift card. I think the gift card is this weekend only.

That was a promo for today before 12pm only.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »

I was offered the $10 and all I purchased was the two Jets - $35ish dollars.
I didn't take the $10 off as you had to sign up for an HBC card.
There was several Tiger Rats and Conquest X-30's left behind.

I am thinking about picking up another Tiger Rat - and doing a Custom A-10 Thunderbolt camo paint job.
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/97/thunderbolt/

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »

Quote from: "akpayne"
I was offered the $10 and all I purchased was the two Jets - $35ish dollars.
I didn't take the $10 off as you had to sign up for an HBC card.
There was several Tiger Rats and Conquest X-30's left behind.

I am thinking about picking up another Tiger Rat - and doing a Custom A-10 Thunderbolt camo paint job.
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/97/thunderbolt/

That's a different promo.

If you sign up for an HBC card, you get 10% off your purchases for the entire day. That promo is always going on.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »

I was at a Zellers here in Montreal PQ and I tried scanning several Joe product they had, but nothing was discounted. In addition I was told by staff that the yellowed stickers toys were not on special either. Too bad.
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 02:58:10 AM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I was at a Zellers here in Montreal PQ and I tried scanning several Joe product they had, but nothing was discounted. In addition I was told by staff that the yellowed stickers toys were not on special either. Too bad.
Odd.
Which one?

Because I totally bought Scarlett at half-price yesterday at Zellers Angrignon, and today what little was left at Alexis-Nihon (holy cleanout Batman!) was also advertised as being 50% off.

Makes you wonder why these idiots don't clearance the stuff actually not selling, ie their overpriced exclusives. Shelves upon shelves of Rescue Mission sets, pegs and pegs of mini-vehicles, and the RHINO.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

Even at 50% off I'm not going to buy the Rhino. I already bought that tank a few years ago. Yes it's great toy but it's not doing me a lot of good in my attic. Now if it even comes down to $25.00 then I'll buy one.

But yes, I agree with Jay, they should lower the price on the Target Joes as well. I mean, the python conquest jet and Tiger Rat are Target vehicles yet they got discounted 50% as well. Makes little sense to me.

Still so far I've picked up:
Python Conquest
Steel Crusher
Mole Pod
Joe Fire Bat (still don't know that things name)
Cobra Gunship
Armored Panthor
Ice Dagger (really wanted one but was waiting for a sale)

Funny how when it cost between $9.99 - $14.99 all of the sudden it's worth owning.  :wink:

My 3 1/2 year old and I were having fun opening this stuff. It was like Christmas all over again.

Still hoping to find a Tiger Rat for that price. So far 3 of my local Zellers are all sold out and that's a shame because my son LOVES tigers so when I told him we were going to look for a Tiger Air plane yesterday he got really excited. Now he's got a stomach bug so our searching is over for now.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »

I agree - the Rhino should be regularly priced at $35. not $80!
I bought the original DTC version and only paid $50 for it with shipping from the states!
I have bought none of the new Target stuff at zellers as I can't justify paying that much - even if money was no object!
Wish my zellers had a better selection of the vehicles as I would have picked up the other stuff.  Maybe if I am out today I will take another look.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Odd.
Which one?

Because I totally bought Scarlett at half-price yesterday at Zellers Angrignon, and today what little was left at Alexis-Nihon (holy cleanout Batman!) was also advertised as being 50% off.

Makes you wonder why these idiots don't clearance the stuff actually not selling, ie their overpriced exclusives. Shelves upon shelves of Rescue Mission sets, pegs and pegs of mini-vehicles, and the RHINO.

That was Zellers CDN. Very odd indeed. I'll try Zellers in St-Leonard today and see if I have any luck. I'm more looking for a figure that comes with goggles for a custom.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Odd.
Which one?

That was Zellers CDN. Very odd indeed. I'll try Zellers in St-Leonard today and see if I have any luck. I'm more looking for a figure that comes with goggles for a custom.

Just came back from Zellers St-Leonard and it's a double failure for me: No specials there either  :'( I guess I will have to pay a visit to Zellers Atwater on Monday hoping that the special will still be there, otherwise it'll be for a next time.
2 + 2 = 22

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Even at 50% off I'm not going to buy the Rhino. I already bought that tank a few years ago. Yes it's great toy but it's not doing me a lot of good in my attic. Now if it even comes down to $25.00 then I'll buy one.

But yes, I agree with Jay, they should lower the price on the Target Joes as well. I mean, the python conquest jet and Tiger Rat are Target vehicles yet they got discounted 50% as well. Makes little sense to me.

Still so far I've picked up:
Python Conquest
Steel Crusher
Mole Pod
Joe Fire Bat (still don't know that things name)
Cobra Gunship
Armored Panthor
Ice Dagger (really wanted one but was waiting for a sale)

Funny how when it cost between $9.99 - $14.99 all of the sudden it's worth owning.  :wink:

My 3 1/2 year old and I were having fun opening this stuff. It was like Christmas all over again.

Still hoping to find a Tiger Rat for that price. So far 3 of my local Zellers are all sold out and that's a shame because my son LOVES tigers so when I told him we were going to look for a Tiger Air plane yesterday he got really excited. Now he's got a stomach bug so our searching is over for now.

Milton zellers has about 6 of each, tiger rat, and python conquest, i can pick up a tiger rat for you if you want.

i cam home with a night raven 19.99
tiger rat 14.99
python conquest 14.99
eels X4 4.99
neo viper x4 4.99
nano viper x4 4.99
ripcord
heavy duty
destro
paris persuit baroness
wave 1 baroness
ripcord in reactive armor
cover girl
mole pod
atv with crap iron (lol)
panther

mars 3 packs are on for 12.99  (original roc3 pk)
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.