JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: With new bookcases, comes....  (Read 5745 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
With new bookcases, comes....
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »

My wife and step-son got me some new bookcases, for my office/studio space at home, and so i set about putting up some of the collection. Only managed to get less than a 1/10th of it all on display.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:25:00 PM by ARROW »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: With new bookcases, comes....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »

I love the way you have your 12 inch figures displayed.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »

Wow that is some Collection!
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »

figures....with lots of dust (finishing your title).

Awesome toylines by the way, I love the variety and especially your DC direct figures. I have a few myself but I must say that your collection is truly impressive.
2 + 2 = 22

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »

Awesome!
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »

figures....with lots of dust (finishing your title).

Awesome toylines by the way, I love the variety and especially your DC direct figures. I have a few myself but I must say that your collection is truly impressive.
Those DC figures are all Mattel DCUC figures---mostly the old Kenner Super Powers Collection characters in DCUC form--only Plastic Man in the back is actually DC Direct.

And yeah dusting all this is a pain.

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »

Very nice set-up so far!  Love the line of Adventure Team figures, makes me want to get into collecting 12", too.
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »

Very nice set-up so far!  Love the line of Adventure Team figures, makes me want to get into collecting 12", too.
The 12" figures shown are just a drop in the bucket--I have between 400-500 in storage tubs.  Alas, were the camera to pan around, my secret stash would be laid bare to all the world....

The shelf with the astronauts was a feeble attempt on my part to show case a mix of the various types of figures I have.  There's a mix there of Hasbro, BBi, Dragon, Power Team, Twenty First Century, Intoyz. These are all from collecting about a decade ago ( its been THAT long, yeesh) when 1/6th scale figures were just coming off a big resurgence. 

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

[And yeah dusting all this is a pain.

cuz nobody beats G.I.dust : a real American head-ache!

I agree with the rest of the guys. Seeing all those 12 inch Joes stand together makes me want to have a few. I never pay attention to one alone, but when I see them grouped like this, I finally understand the logic and beauty of this line.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:17 AM »

[And yeah dusting all this is a pain.]

I agree with the rest of the guys. Seeing all those 12 inch Joes stand together makes me want to have a few. I never paid attention to one alone, but when I see them grouped like this, I finally understand the logic and beauty of this line.
2 + 2 = 22

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »

[And yeah dusting all this is a pain.]

I agree with the rest of the guys. Seeing all those 12 inch Joes stand together makes me want to have a few. I never paid attention to one alone, but when I see them grouped like this, I finally understand the logic and beauty of this line.
The top of the bookcase is predominantly Hasbro figures--mostly the repros from Masterpiece, Timeless, and 40th Anniversary mixed with some Classic Collection  and Walmart & Collector Club Adventure Team joes. There's only ONE original 1960's Joe up there ( I own only 3 from that era). The RAH team line-up is made of kitbashes of various brand figures and gear.

The 12" stuff does have a tremendous appeal to it, and many of the figure forego the "doll-look" that a lot of people dread.  Many are so deatiled and intricate that they are more akin to 1/6th scale models than toys.
Unfortunately, imo......many of the figures made today are extremely complex and quite fragile.....because the push for detail has made parts thinner/smaller. Combined with the high costs ( most of the figures I have were bought in the era of $40-$70 prince points. The average today for a Hot Toys figures is in excess of $150) and you have delicate figures that can break far too easily, spoiling " the fun". That is why I stay away from the new stuff.
The other downer is that while one might think the recency of a lot of these figures should mean they'd be plentiful on the secondary market, my reading of 1/6th forums says they are anything but.
21C used to be the market king for a while......but now finding their wonderful accessory/uniform sets is a real challenge....and they made a LOT of them. They just got socked up by folks like you and me. But still........there's ways of getting just about anything.....

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:52 PM »

And this one is the last for now. My Marvel Legends collection.

Made some tweaks to the other shelves and displays, but this one took a week it fits and starts. Dusted the figures as I went and that triggered a sore throat and cold. Shitty.
But they are all up save for a few C- or D-listers and the variant characters. Whew.