JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe's For Sale  (Read 2867 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Joe's For Sale
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »

Hello I am trying to make room in my home and need to start moving my Joe stuff. Please let me know if I am way off on my prices as I have been out of the Joe 'game' for a while now.

All prices in CDN $ and reasonable offers will not be refused.

Snow Serpent Lot ($200):

Viper Lot ($150):

Cobra Trooper Lot ($250):

Sand Trooper Lot $150:

Snow Cat Lot $40:

Slugger Lot $20:

AWE Striker $20:

Dreadnok STUN Lot $200:

MOC Lot $50:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Joe's For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 02:13:44 AM »

So I am not getting a lot of feedback or interest here. Are my prices way off on these items? I have a lot of Joe stuff I would like to sell if there are some specific things someone is looking for please let me know I may have it. As I said in my first post, reasonable prices will not be refused, and the prices listed are very negotiable.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »

Quote from: "AlleyViper"
So I am not getting a lot of feedback or interest here. Are my prices way off on these items? I have a lot of Joe stuff I would like to sell if there are some specific things someone is looking for please let me know I may have it. As I said in my first post, reasonable prices will not be refused, and the prices listed are very negotiable.

First let me say I am not telling you this with any tone of sarcasm or "attitude."  Just trying to answer you and give you examples.  So here we go:

1) You need to better describe your items.  MORE information is always better.  A picture says a lot, but what is complete?  What is missing items?  Are there file cards?  Blue prints? Loose joints? etc.  The less "work" a buyer has to do, the better chance you have of getting more interest.

2) Yes, your pricing is way too high on most of your items.  For example: $200 for 2 incomplete Dreadnok Stuns with apparently no paperwork or stickers? A complete, loose one MAY get half that on Ebay.  $150 for a group of "sandtroopers", of which all are from the last 8 years?  There isn't that much interest yet in the past 10 year's toy except for "rare" items.  $250 for a bunch of troopers, of which how many are complete?  File cards?  None seem to be vintage (pre-90s).  This is a board of fans, and we have a pretty good pulse on pricing.  A lack of interest should already tell you that your prices are too high.   

3) I can only speak for myself here, but you and I are too far apart on pricing, so what you consider a "reasonable" offer is probably still going to be too high for my tastes, and what I consider a "reasonable" offer is probably too low for you.

4) EBAY.  Regardless what others may say, it is your friend for pricing.  You can get a good idea of values by searching the site.  Just remember that you should check out prices of completed auctions.  There are thousands of auctions where there is no interest/sale and that is almost always due to pricing.

5) Finally, don't fall into the same trap so many do.  You need to come at this with a sense of detachment.  Many sellers I have seen in the past , from all fandoms, get caught up in the "business" mentality.  They think what it cost them to acquire the items and feel they should get a return on them.  However they don't look at the market and try to gauge what might be worth selling versus what they should "just get rid of."

Good Luck!

djmazaka007

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »

Very good post and reply nto too often you see such good replies and post ... good Job man

the detachment is my problem.....that why i rarely sell because it makes me feel like i lost soemthing..lol

Great post and replies.!