JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show 2007  (Read 3262 times)

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show 2007
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

Hey everyone, thought you might like to know about this year's big annual show here in Edmonton!

Celebrating the 5th anniversary of the Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show!
When: Sunday, March 25th 2007
11am - 4pm
Where: The Mayfield Inn
16615 - 109ave
Edmonton, Alberta

$5 General Admission
Kids under 12 get in FREE!

Edmonton's premier collectibles event returns to the Mayfield Inn for it's 5th anniversary show. To help us celebrate this special anniversay, as well as the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars and the 25th Anniversary of 3 3/4" GI Joe, we are pleased to annouce the following special guests!

Daniel Logan, who starred as Boba Fett in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, will be on hand in his first ever Canadian appearance!

The Legendary Larry Hama, the man who breathed life into each and every character with the filecards from Hasbro's 3 3/4" GI Joe line as well as his with his work on Marvel's GI Joe comic book series. Larry's legendary comic career spans decades and includes his work on many of the most influential books of our time including GI Joe, Wolverine, Batman, The 'Nam, and more!

Of course, the show would not be the premier collectibles event in Western Canada without our vast dealer area! Over 75 dealers from across Alberta will be present. There are over 100 vendor tables in TWO full banquet halls again this year and a wide variety of vintage and modern collectible toys as well as Silver, Bronze and Modern Age comics will be available for collectors. Our good friends from the 501st Badlands Garrison and the local FanForce chapter will also be present again this year to help add to the festivities.

Please remember to bring a donation to the Edmonton Food Bank to enter to win one of several great door prizes provided by our sponsors.

Be sure to keep checking our website, www.edtoyshow.com for more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Shane
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

sniper

• View Profile
Re: Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »

I'm pumped!  I went to the previous 2 shows and can honestly say this is a very well run show.

Larry Hama!  Wow this event keeps getting better.

Tattoo Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:02 AM »

The show is tomorrow! See all you Alberta guys there ( i hope! :) ). Remember to bring a food bank donation as there's going to be a door prize i'm SURE will be of interest to Joe fans!
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Tattoo Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 03:27:09 PM »

It was really nice to meet you yesterday John. Sorry if i seemed a little out of it - 3 hours of sleep and whole lot to do the day of the show tends to fry my brain a little more than normal. ;) We should try to get together sometime and have more of a visit, talk shop, etc.
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »

No problem.  I figured you could use a good stiff drink after the show.  We will have to get together, possibly over a couple of beverages.  My treat.

Pass on a thanks to all of the volunteers.  Definitely a professional group.  I enjoy seeing how excited my kids get about the show and seeing people in different Star Wars costumes.