JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Early Release of Movie Figures?  (Read 2041 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Early Release of Movie Figures?
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »

I heard tell that the movie figures may be released early (this was completely separate from me hunting for any accidentally released product).  I called Hasbro this morning to confirm the rumours and the Hasbro CSR did confirm the release date for at least Wave 1 (I confirmed with specific figs) was moved up from July to June - including Canada.

Next, I called the closest Wal-mart and spoke to the Hasbro area manager and she said she just had the Hasbro rep in yesterday and they had  a "mod" (or something like that) of movie stuff out this morning.

I hopped in the car and 40 minutes later I was there.  All I could find was the 3 packs though!?!?!?  I tracked her down and she meant only the 3 packs were back in stock.  I thought I was clear, but I guess not....

I went to Zellers and TRU.  Zellers had none in stock or in the back and TRU was sticking to their July 10 (?) date.

Epic fail.

At least I had it confirmed the release date was moved up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: Early Release of Movie Figures?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »

Interesting.

However, I will say this again.  Since TF1 did so well in theatres and on toy shelves, I no longer worry about finding product right away.  It will be out, and in full force.  So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised at a sale on the Joe stuff within the first 2 weeks. 

Considering Walmart and TRU both had sales on TF2 products from day one!!! I won't be surprised if something similar doesn't happen with Joe.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »

I spoke to someone else at Wal-Mart.  They said the earliest they will have the product in even if Hasbro has changed the release date will be in 2 weeks.  He then said perhaps next Friday (the 26th).

And yes, I am one of those kids who went looking for his Christmas presents early.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

If you can find out, see if anyone will let you know if any sales are planned for the release date.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »

The only place I know of right now is SmallJoes on July 6th
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!