JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: yellowing figures  (Read 1584 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
yellowing figures
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »

I found this post about getting the yellow out of the vintage figures like storm shadow, but i didnt want to put the link up here without permission, its very good post and helpfull, i will be trying it this weekend to make sure it works! but if i get the permission to post the link then i will.

basicly, you put the figure in a jar with the lid on, but you have to take it apart, no screws, no o-ring or t-bar, put the parts and 30% peroxide in the jar lid on, and put it in direct sunlight for a few hours.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:16:48 PM by dodge822 »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: yellowing figures
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »

I'm curious, do you know if this will have for secondary effect of removing the paint on the figure as well?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: yellowing figures
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 02:40:38 PM »

From what i read on the original post, he did few diffrent things with little adverse effects, some things i recall he did this to are:
v1 storm shadow
snow cat
skystriker
sea slug
v1 cobra commander
v1 ace
snow job

He said the only ones that got effected, were snow jobs beard, and the red on sea slugs head, in the same post he even tells his trick/product to cleaning the canopys, and other clear plastic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.