JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

Do you guys want the vintage (60s, 70s) 12 inch Joes at the cjc?

Yes
- 1 (50%)
No
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 21, 2012, 05:55:17 PM

Author Topic: 12 inch joes  (Read 2025 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
12 inch joes
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

I have recently met a person at my work that is a vintage toy collector, Mostly the 12 inch GI Joes, he has done the con a few time before, but when it was still a joe meet, he would be interested in doing the CJC if their is enough collectors looking for the 12 inch stuff.

he is always interested in trades, buying, and selling, just like most of us.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: 12 inch joes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »

I don't attend the CJC myself, but I think that 12" Joes should be there. Aside from the principle of it, the 12" hobby does retain its followers, though it's been greatly eclipsed by the 4" scale.
Business-wise is the trickier part of this, because if few people expect to see 12" stuff offered at the show, they won't be always inclined to buy that stuff, and those dealers will have trouble selling.
I think if the show advertises that retailers offering all scales of Joe can and will be present, then that makes it all worthwhile.