JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New member would like info about coming events  (Read 3151 times)

anderpol

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
New member would like info about coming events
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:15:54 AM »

Hi, I'm a new member and been a Joe fan for a long time. Played with the big figures as a kid, got hooked again with the introduction of the G.I.Joe team back in 1982 with the new line of small figures, comics and cartoons that followed, etc... I'd like to know a little more about the previous and coming event because I'd be interested to attend but want to know more about it. I only saw some pictures about the wrestling video game and mention of that, card games and viewing of old G.I.Joe cartoons at the last event. Are pictures taken at the actual event available? I'd like to know what the place looked like to give me an idea of what to expect the next time. I have a son who's just about a year and a half so I might want to bring him along in the coming years so I need to know that this event is kid friendly or at least that there are no restriction to bringing your child along. Is there a dealers room? Are there activities like mascarade competitions, model/diorama/illustration competitions or exhibits for members or special ghests, panels on Joe related topics, that sort of thing? Please let me know. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:43:49 AM »

Dude!! You the Delta Squadron guy right? I own two of the movies and they are really cool.

Welcome aboard!
Say no to AFA.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:01:28 AM »

Damn. I don't have time right now to do a 'hard sell' on the meet, but if you check some of the previous threads, you can get a pretty good idea on it.

Also, try the 'newly' started Joe Meet page at www.joecanuck.com - I JUST uploaded it.
;-)

You'd have a blast - I'm sure of it.
:-)
Mike

anderpol

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Info about Joe Meet
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »

Thanks for your reply Mike. Sorry I took so long to answer back but this is the first forum I've started participating to so it's going to take me a little while to get used to it and get a better idea of what's going on since there's quite a lot of topics and discussion threads to read. That and I don't have a lot of free time. I've looked at the previous threads of the past Joe Meets and have a little better idea of what it might be like. From what I gathered the last meet took place in the banquet hall of a bowling centre accross the street from where your store used to be (by the way, I hope all is well with your big decision and that you and your wife have more free time) and that people interested in selling Joe related items rented a table while other tables were set up to display custom figures, play card games and there were video games of a custom G.I.Joe wrestling game and possibly a vcr or dvd player showing G.I.Joe cartoons. The meet, I think, was one day and ended up with some of the folks involved going to dinner afterwards. Did I miss something? (sorry my reply is so long, once I get my bearings I'll write shorter messages, I swear) I'll want to know more. Thanks again.   Andr?  :)

anderpol

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:30:45 PM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
Dude!! You the Delta Squadron guy right? I own two of the movies and they are really cool.

Welcome aboard!

Yep, that would be me. Glad you liked the two movies I made, I assume it's the first two, which means you know what happened to my old G.I.Joe collection (gone up in smoke, litterally...). Got a new collection but it's mostly 1/6 scale. Thanks for the welcome!    :D