JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post con 2005 thread!  (Read 12644 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« on: April 24, 2005, 12:09:04 AM »

It's midninght, and I have to go to bed, but I wanted to thank everyone for a great day...

I have some great fuzzy and blurry pics to post, but I'll do that over at joecustoms (since damned viper hasn't done that here yet :shifty: )

I'll post the link.

It was great seeing all of you, meeting some of you, getting soundly thrsahed by a few of you, and trading with many of you.

I look forward to seeing all of you next year, especially Nobody and Tank Girl. ;-)

- Raps
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

NoBody

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:31:19 AM »

I would also like to thank everyone that was there.  I was new to the Joe sceen and was welcomed with open arms, perticualry when it came to light that I gave someone the name Dorothy...  sorry man but I had to tell that story at lest once.

- NoBody

I would also point out (more for mike's sake then anyone) that I was not in trobule with the wife when I got home... she yelled just a tad, but everything is cool!  :thumbsup:

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 10:18:39 AM »

i like to thank everyone for making this meet just as great as last years.
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:20:14 AM »

Well that really was a fun event even if there was a lot of rain! Once again, nice to see a lot of you guys I usually only talk to on-line. Trading was really fun and it was great seeing some tables set up with Joe toys to buy. I spent most of Sunday going thru all the cool stuff I picked up and trying to fit more figures on my Joe shelves.

There were a lot of highlights for me this year:

Seeing the customs set up on the table. Always nice to see other custom work. I spent a while looking those over.

I really enjoyed talking with Clocktower of Natures Guard. If for some reason anyone missed this guy, he worked for Hasbro and came up with the Star Brigade idea as well as others such as Mohawk Zartan (don't hold it against him, his original idea sounds better than what Hasbro actually produced). Heck, Clocktower could have been a guest speaker and I would have enjoyed that as much as the round tables from the U.S. cons.
Anyhow, go visit www.naturesguard.com to see what he's up to now.

Trading this year was great. Things felt more organized then last year and I felt like I got some good trades done. Getting a couple of near complete Night Raven was a nice plus and a little soap and water really made them shine again.

The door prizes were a cool plus. I didn't win anything but it was really nice to see a good line up and I did manage to trade a MOC Overkill for the talking 12' figure just to drive my wife nuts. It worked!  :evil:

Then there was Pete with a couple of boxes of fodder and he ended up giving away foreign figures and a crap load up Crimson Firefly figures with suit and tie Tomax/Xamot figures. I swear it felt like Pete should have been introducing himself as "Crazy Pete, and I've lost my lease so everything must go". Scary thing is for every Crimson Firefly he was giving away equals 4 more Crimson Guards figures in his army. Pete, we need to see some pictures of that army.

Then there was the wrestling.  :(  Next year Mike. I'll get you next year and yes, Goldberg will rule!  :evil:

On a side note, I need to contact the seller Steve. His table was on the far left. Anyone know his user name?

All in all, it was fun. I look forward to next years meet but for now I'm overloaded with Joe. I feel like I just ate a really big meal, I'm full (for now).  :thumbsup:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 10:39:03 AM »

I had fun again this year. You guys make the seven hour trip in the rain worth it. Not that I did any of the driving...

I especially enjoyed winning the first two door prizes with my two tickets. I already had a couple of the GI Joe Chose Your Own Adventure books, and now I have a whackload more.

Hopefully we keep this tradition going and have a con every Canadian Joe fan feels he must attend.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:50:53 PM »

I got roughly 7 emails from folks 'saying' they couldn't come.

Hopefully next year a little rain (and birthday parties) won't keep them away.

I love the feel of the Meet... it's not a Toy Show (which is good - I don't think there's enough dealers locally to fill a room anyway!), and it's not a 'Convention'...... It's just a 'meet'. :-)

Thanks to everyone that donated door prizes, I'm pretty sure everyone was (semi) happy with what they got - at least they were able to trade off some of the items!

Wrestling....... I think next year, we'll have a 'mini' King of the Ring tournament to crown the first 'JoeCanuck Rasslin' Champion.

Oh and Dave..... try to stay in the ring more than 20 seconds at a time next year. :lol:

And as for 'Steve' on this board - if you need to get in touch with him, you can do so via his username : Steve
- Mike'

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:58:20 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
Wrestling....... I think next year, we'll have a 'mini' King of the Ring tournament to crown the first 'JoeCanuck Rasslin' Champion.

Which begs the question: out of all the fantastic GI Joe-related custom wrestlers you've made, why no Joe Canuck?
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 01:24:59 PM »

I blame my lack luster playing on the fact I had no fireworks when I entered the ring (or the convention for that matter).  :shifty:  That or the fact that someone kept jumping me as soon as I got in the ring and was trying to figure out how to get my character to face the right opponent.

Next year Mike. There is always next year.  :thumbsup:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 01:36:24 PM »

Hopefully next year a little rain (and birthday parties) won't keep them away.

And Passover. You put the event during one of the biggest Jewish holidays of the year.

Logan69

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
wish I could have stayed
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 01:49:09 PM »

Hey

The few minutes I got to pop in for was fun, and if I had of remembered it in advance I would not have been stuck running through while my wife waited in the car ;)

Hopefully next year I can hang for a bit

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: wish I could have stayed
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »

Quote from: ""Logan69""
Hey

The few minutes I got to pop in for was fun, and if I had of remembered it in advance I would not have been stuck running through while my wife waited in the car ;)

Hopefully next year I can hang for a bit

So that's who you were!

- Raps  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Post con 2005 thread!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 06:17:49 PM »

This meet did have a more organized feel than the one before. I guess the ghost were on vacation that day. :D  I must of missed Clocktower as I didn't get my a$$ at the meet until after 4 PM.

I will be ready for wrestling next year as I couldn't chuck a guy over the ropes in the Rumble to save my life.  I didn't get a chance to learn the CCG card game though due to the wrestling.

Great to see some old faces and new blood there.  The only negative was the weather and not seeing a couple of collectors there.  

No after effects from those pepperoni sticks. :shifty:

Quote from: ""morgardee""
Pete, we need to see some pictures of that army.

In a couple of weeks as I am waiting on some more to arrive.  

Now I have to read up on some of the comic I got from Steve.  Thanks again.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67