JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 1994 Premium Offers from Hasbro Canada  (Read 3787 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
1994 Premium Offers from Hasbro Canada
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:46:03 PM »

Hey guys. After spotting an insert in JoeNorth's post of a SF movie figure on YoJoe, I was curious about the offer and found the insert in the archives. It's a really amazing little piece of Joe history I never knew about but it raises a lot of questions to me that I am hoping someone here remembers the answers to. Did any of you guys get lucky enough to partake in the warehouse clearance sale?

Also, if you did can you answer some questions?

a) who are Villain, Superhero and Detonator

b) did the figures come loose, bagged, bubbled, with or without filecards (and were they bilingual if they did?)

c) was the APC the later era "cuda" or an original style?

I am also interested if any of you have some of these packaged MIB or filecards that are not in YJ. I don't work there or anything but I love this stuff and would love to see some Canadian variants on there (there are huge gaps in that part of the site).

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out this insert and weep: http://www.yojoe.com/international/canada/images/2premier2.jpg

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 1994 Premium Offers from Hasbro Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:07:07 AM »

I bought a lot and I mean a LOT of figures during that clearance sale..

a) Detonator is Nitro-Viper.. everytime I ordered Super Hero and Villain I was getting SF figures..someone needs a blue Blanka? I have an army..Lol
b) bagged without filecards
c) regular original style

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »

Nice, thanks. I had guessed that Detonator was Nitro Viper but wondered if it was maybe a typo for Interrogator. Interesting they would unload SF figures. Cool! Did these guys come with their real weapons?

I think I would have ordered the whole lot a few times over if I had lived in Canada, those prices are crazy.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »

Did these guys come with their real weapons?

You mean the SF figs? Nope! no weapons..
No weapons for the Air Commandos neither but some figures like the older drivers (lampreys, ice vipers, crankcase, frostbite ans so on) came with their accessories

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 02:22:28 AM »

I just meant in general, really. What one Earth were they doing with unwanted SF figures, I wonder. Thanks for the answers. I dunno why but this sort of stuff just fascinates me (and makes me extremely jealous).

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:14:28 AM »

Nice to hear from you again Kronz!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »

Hey thanks. I have been out of collecting for a couple years but lately been enjoying going through my stuff. It's nice to come back and see everyone still here.

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »

I was about 10 when I pulled this premium offer out of my Battle Corps Major Bludd. Man it took some convincing but I finally got my parents to agree to pony up some dough for some figures and a vehicle. I ordered Sgt. Slaughter, Serprentor, Spirit  and a HISS. When the box finally arrived 6-8 weeks later imagine my disappointment when I find Air Commandos Spirit and a SHARC (something I already had) instead of the HISS. Anyhow, I still have it all (Serpentor's cape had to be re-sewn at the shoulder by my mom probably a week later) including Slaughter's baton. Knowing what I know now I would have ordered a trooper and an officer and if GI Joe "Admiral" was Keel-Haul 1985, I could definitely use him too.