JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures  (Read 44073 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »

Here's my modern Budo.  The only things I still want to do is I'm still trying to get a hold of a vintage Budo helmet and his sai as the sai on the backpack right now is too small and falls out easily.  Would also love to get his Funskool sword (cause it's not red).  If anyone can help, please let me know.

As it stands, here he is now and he's basically finished unless I get a hold of the vintage stuff I asked for above.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »

Hi, here's my Recoil.  Not a true translation of the vintage one, but it's close enough for me as again, no paint was required.  The hat was from Raginspoon.  The backpack hole of the vest and the hole on the figure don't line up so I just mounted the backpack to his vest.  Just for fun, I took some pics with his vintage gun, but it'll be the 25th Airborne gun shown in later pics that I will go with.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »

I like the 25th Hit N Run.  I only wish he came with some climbing gear and that he could actually bend his elbows more than 10 degrees.

I cut the upper arm to give him more range of motion and gave him Arctic Snake Eyes' climbing gear.

You can see where I trimmed on his arm so he can do a two handed grip on his weapno:

Using the climbing gear:

With his gear packed up on his backpack:

close up of the caribiner setup:

Slaughter's Renegades.
I have finally finished tweaking all 3 of my Renegades.  The hardest was finding web gear for Red Dog that fits.  It's big but I just treat it as a modular pack where he has room for another pack underneath.  I'm done with them though.  It's taken long enough and I've had it with tweaking these guys...haha.

Group shot:

Red Dog:
I gave him Airborne's head, 25th single pack Torch's legs with a modified webgear from Arctic Snake Eyes with Dusty's backpack.

Mercer:
I modded his thigh to fit the holster on his legs and gave him the backpack and pistols.

Taurus:
I modded his knees so he can stand straight, gave him Zanzibars web gear and modded his vintage backpack to fit

I also cut a hole in his holster so the pistol sits lower.  It's hard to see.  I couldn't get a good pic.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »

You know, you should work for Hasbro!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »

I love it all: especially Recoil! I only have one small request: please give Bull a decent Movember Mustache. He much deserves one.
2 + 2 = 22

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

Thanks to Sgt. Humpty for painting the head and neck, my Scrap Iron's skin tones match now.  The only thing I wish was that this was the cancelled one so the parts would be a match to the vintage one, but I'm happy with what I have here.  The helmet was dug out by hand with drill bits and an exacto knife.  Don't know why Hasbro couldn't make it removable since it was so big anyways.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »

Just copying other ideas I've seen.  Basically SE head on DG Trooper body with SE satchel from a comic pack. 

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »

Made this figure because I had spare parts lying around.  Didn't know what to do with my extra Hazard Viper.  Got him just so I can have one Hazard Viper with all the holes on his mask filled.  I had an extra IG vest and putting that on the HV gives him the similar uniform color scheme of the Incinerator (red torso and the rest orange).  Had the extra CC head and was going to just put that on the body, but the head didn't fit, so I hollowed it out and made it a helmet.  I don't have a dremel so it was done by hand with drill bits and exacto blade.

Let me know what you think.  It's not meant to be a repro of the original, but more of an update.  His suit looks more fireproof now too than the original.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »

Not too thrilled with the club Iceberg.  Didn't like how the vintage one had no ears so I made a new one for myself.  This is patterned more to the 1998 release's color scheme.

With Frostbite

Frostbite is based on his newer versions where he doesn't have black hair.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »

I love Blowtorch but hate how he can never hold his flamethrower two handed and look good doing it.  First thing I did was modify the flamethrower itself so the stock can move in and out.  I also modified his elbow joint so he can bend 90 deg at the elbow.  However, he still looks weird holding the flamethrower cause of his hand design.  He can do it two handed, but if you look at the weapon from the side, he is actually holding it sideways instead of upright.
With the stock in the 'out' position:

With the stock in the 'in' position:

His arms bend 90 degrees now:

After cleaning up my area, I noticed that POC Snow Job's hands are grey and might fit on Blowtorch.  Thanks to Darth Viper, I have an extra set of Snow Job hands.  I had to mod them to fit, but now Blowtorch can actually hold his flamethrower much better now.  I'm finally happy with my Blowtorch.  Now I just need black version of these hands for the FSS TNT.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

My ultra easy Modern Armadillo.  The hardest part was getting the convention exclusive Mainframe head.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »

Fast Draw:
This took me over a year to complete as I was waiting on the right parts.  Thanks to Ragingspoon for the casts.  It took so long cause unfortunately, the knee pads that Ragingspoon cast were too big to fit on the parts I used so I had to source another set of kneepads.

Recipe:
helmet, hands, backpack, launchers, missiles - Ragingspoon casts
lower legs - SRO Deep Six
knee pads - ROC Para-Viper
head - DG Duke
launcher handles - vintage
launcher handle plugs - hose connected to Scrap Iron's control plug
webgear and pistol - Retaliation Cobra Trooper
rest - Retaliation Duke