JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures  (Read 42345 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »

Repeater

All the color mismatch isn't that bad in person.  The flash brings it out.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »

Charbroil.
I didn't like how he couldn't really hold his weapon 2-handed so I changed his hands.  Also took more pics showing the helmet and hosing details.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »

you're one heck of a customizer bro!
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »

I noticed after taking the pictures that I have to fix his left hand though.  I had to make the holes in the backpack deeper for the hose to fit in.  The original cast helmet had hoses cast on but were too stiff and I finally managed to track down the vintage hose.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »

I think you should go with the helmet and mask that you made with your Freefall figure. The one you made is so much nicer because its a 2 peace and you can see Freefalls face through the mask.

Good work buddy  :)
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

I had made this Slipstream a while ago, but it was one of my first VvV head transplant that I did and I wasn't happy with it cause I drilled the hole too close to the front. As a result, he could not tilt his head forward and his head sat too far back on his head so he couldn't actually fit properly in the Conquest.  I managed to just get another DTC Footloose head in a trade recently and redid the head.  Now he fits perfectly in my Conquest.

Couple of shots of the Conquest interior:

I traded Xerofall from HISSTANK for a club Iceberg and asked him to put a skirt on it for me.  He agreed and even offered to do the collar and holster too.  I think he did an awesome job with the mods and all the painting!  All I did was hollow out an Iceberg hat and modified the SW head to go on the body.  I used the turtleneck to hide the fact that the skin tone from the head I used doesn't match Iceberg's neck, and also, Iceberg's neck seemed really skinny anyways. 

I gave him the vintage gun

With the club's gun:

With his hat removed:

A more vintage feel without the backpack:

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »

Fast Draw:
My first Fast Draw, I didn't do any painting and found that it looked incomplete.  First off, the backpack looked too plastic looking.  I went back and redid the custom by painting his shin pads and added weathering on it to make it match the torso armor weathering.  Then I added some metallic dry brushing on his backpack and launchers.  Lastly, added some black paint wipes to the backpack to make it look used and added extra black around the launch tubes as those areas should get blackened from the missiles being launched out.  Also did some black paintwipes on his kneepads.  Hope you like it. I left the missiles white cause I assumed they should be clean cause you can only use them once.

The rest of the pictures, I removed the missiles.

Without his gear:

Different lighting:

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2013, 12:18:46 PM »

So, after I started painting again, I decided to go back and work on some of my non-paint customs to add some paint to them.  My first two were Dodger and Fast Draw.  Here's my third one, Freefall.

My original one, the one thing I didn't like was that he didn't have a green helmet.  I've now fixed that and I can say I'm happy with him.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »

Budo

I didn't really like the Hasbro Budo.  I love the figure, but it was just way over the top with the Samurai armor.  I would still like to get another one and display him with all the gear Hasbro gave him.  However, this one here is what I use for my Budo that is used for missions.  I went with the theme that he is first and foremost a trooper and that he has modified samurai armor used over top of his standard military uniform.  The helmet's color does not match anything else on him, but that's how the vintage one was too.  The backpack brown matches his boots. 
The only things I would still do if I ever get the parts is that I want to use the vintage helmet and vintage sai as the sai I have on him right now is a little small.  The Thor Shogun head had to be modified for the helmet to fit.

without helmet:

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

Pretty cool Nighthawk. A lot better than what Hasbro offered up.

Love the Belushi eyebrow raise.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

I never really liked the 25th Serpentor.  I found his colors too plain and I really didn't like the worried look on his face, not to mention his bald head.

I had this for quite a while now, like over 3 or 4 years but finally decided to paint him up.  It actually took me a month before I finally decided what color scheme I wanted to go with.  I didn't base this off anything. 

The head was from the comic pack Serpentor and I touched up the eyes so he would look more menacing.

Close up of the head with helmet on:

Helmet detail:

Without helmet:

I painted the eyes on the Air Chariot red to match his helmet eyes.

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »

nice job man  . what kind of paint do you use ?