JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 25th Anniversary - Vehicles Series 05  (Read 8938 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Anniversary - Vehicles Series 05
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »

Do the 25th VAMP or AWE Striker have hitches for the FLAK?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »

Maybe, but the FLAK don't have wheels!

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 11:09:02 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Do the 25th VAMP or AWE Striker have hitches for the FLAK?

I think you are thinking of the WhirlWind, isn't that suppose to be released sometime soon? Though I heard about it, a long time ago.

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 12:57:20 PM »

the FLAK was my first Joe weapon ever.  I got it and Short-Fuze for my 7th birthday in 1982.  Bring it!
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »

Oh... my... god!  Those look awesome!  :o

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »

Damn!  Those do look really good - all of them.
I am most impressed with the Stinger and the Winter HISS.  I will be picking up a couple each of these, plus 1 or two for my son!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »

Here is my breakdown on these:

FLAK w/OUTBACK:  Upon closer inspection it looks like the FLAK is the exact same mold as the original.  I can't see from a side by side look at the original and new one any difference.  The paint scheme is obviously different, but the mold itself looks exactly the same.  OUTBACK looks great.  I would hazard a guess that he has a new head, new web gear and gloved hands, but otherwise I would bet the rest of him is reused parts.  Overall a great figure and an ok "vehicle", but I can think of a lot of other smaller vehicles I would have preferred first.  On the flipside, I can't really be too upset with an original 82 mold.

CLAW w/STRATOVIPER:  WOW, what a difference a colour can make.  The red really does make this mold look a lot better.  It is still a crappy update on a great toy, but the red is striking.  It is nice to see the extra bombs as well.  The STRATOVIPER is one of my all time favourites, and I"m glad to see him.  From what I see, he has a new head, and the vest/web gear is added on, and not molded to the body.  So I would say the those are the only new things (oh and the shin guards).  The rest is probably once again reused parts.

STINGER w/STINGER COMMANDER:  This a a great vehicle, and I love the little updates done with it.  The same differences from the VAMP are there that the original had.  A new front bar, no gas cans but rather step platform and bar, a cannister instead of pack on the hood and best of all... a gun instead of the shovel detachable on the front.  The STINGER COMMANDER looks to be a simple repaint of the trooper mold, much like the STINGER DRIVER, except he has the COBRA BAZOOKA SOLDIER head, red mask and web gear.

ARCTIC HISS w/ARCTIC HISS DRIVER:  This one has me torn a bit.  I am glad to finally see a HISS that isn't black, blue or crimson, but the all white look is a toss up for me.  I like it, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better with a little camo.  I also don't like the missile rack instead of cannons.  Why would you bring a HISS all the way to somewhere arctic to only have it shoot 4 missiles and be done?  I love the new rack with the blanket!!  I think that is a nice little touch that adds to the vehicle.  The ARCTIC HISS DRIVER is another thing I'm torn on.  On the one hand, it is another HISS DRIVER, but on the other, they did go a bit extra to make him different.  I think it was a good choice, but I might have been just as happy with another Snow Serpent.

So, the short of it is, I would say all 3 are must buy.  The FLAK/CLAW moreso for the figures than the vehicles.  The STINGER is just too iconic to pass up.  The ARCTIC HISS is a nice chance for the mold and comes with a new take on the vehicle and driver so I would say it is a good purchase.

freakx2001

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 11:32:55 PM »

it was cool to see pictures of these vehicles tonight, but I have to say, I don't like the Arctic Hiss or the Red Claw, I'll be passing on both of those. The Stinger looks amazing, I'll put that next to my vintage one.

I'm looking forward to the next wave of vehicles more than this one...

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

I never had any of those vehicles as a kid so I'd love to get them, however I think my wife is starting to hint  that maybe I should spend a little less on toys and more on the renovations in the house. *sigh*  I'd like to see another pic of Outback alone. I don't have much use for the Flak since its not on wheels so the figure is the make or break point on this purchase.
 If their releasing a strato-viper I hope they plan on releasing a Night Raven sometime :)

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »

The FLAK looks fantastic. I've always loved this thing, partly because it was one of my first joe toys. And Outback and Strato Viper are great. I've been hoping for an Outback figure. The claw is meh, just like the white version was meh. The original is better.

The HISS looks weird. I have no need for it, except I love arctic themed stuff. I really like the driver though. I'd be tempted to get the driver and skip the tank.

Stinger looks great. Nice little variation on the figure.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »

Is April '82 when 3 3/4 Joe first debuted?

I'm trying to figure out the significance of the 482 on the arctic hiss. Apparently the numbers usually mean something.
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"