JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Convention exclusives  (Read 1645 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Convention exclusives
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:46:19 PM »

Well MC posted this yesterday (I assume most people know about this) as it has hit other message boards.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gij ... venirs.cfm

The AGP: looks ok.  Never cared for the original version.

The Iron Mech:  I hate these type of toys. Just stupid looking.

3 3/4" Steel Brigade Command 3 Pack (Gung Ho, Dragonsky, and Steel Brigade Commander):  :thumbsup: These are very nice looking figures.

3 3/4" Steel Brigade Trooper 2 Pack: Not bad.  Better than the skinny garbage that was released back in 1987.  

3 3/4" Steel Brigade Skyhawk 3 Pack: Those look good.  But where are the guns?

3 3/4" Hydrofoil with Blue Cobra Deck & decals: This one doesn't make any sence as how does it fit in with Destro and his IGs?  This must have been a backup as I do remember reading that a Condor was suppose to be apart of this years set.  This Moray should have been released a few years ago with the Anaconda set.  And based on the mountain backdrop, it smells like Cobra Island.

Postives: The Joe stuff looks very good and fits into a single theme.

The Bad: These vehicles for Destro AGP and the Iron Mech are week. I think I am going to keep my Bat APC and give it to Destro guys in this set.  

The Ugly: The price tag. 233 US for all the extras.  Come on.  I bought the arguement last years exclusives were expensive because it was in Disney World. But this year it's in MN.  Last years stuff was 195 US.  Just shakes his head.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Convention exclusives
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 02:02:17 PM »

I'm starting to think the Moray was an after thought. If you don't count the Moray then the whole set of extras would have cost $158.00 and that would have been cheaper then last years set.

I think I still like last years set more than this year. All the extras made more sense to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.