JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Your help is required.  (Read 1948 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Your help is required.
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »

Hi everyone.

Usually, I'm quite adverse about spamming a forum for petitions and the like, but this is a matter of personal significance and importance to me.
The provincial government of the province of Saskatchewan as decided to kill a tax credit for the film industry in province.
This is not a subsidy, despite that label being used......its a TAX CREDIT used to reduce costs incurred in productions--live-action animation etc.--at tax-filing time. No money is handed out by the government here for this, its simply LESS money paid in taxes by the studios and productions than would otherwise be the case. Without this tax credit......the film industry dies here...and uniquely Saskatchewan stories on film will die as well.

I am a storyboard artist, I work on animated cartoons for TV, and some of the productions I work on, have worked on, and would work on in the near-future are based in Saskatchewan. Future local work will vanish if the tax credit is not re-instated. This will be directly harmful to my colleagues and their families.

To be frank......this does not necessarily concern everyone, and some might think its just "my" problem. But understand......please..... that decisions like this affect my livelihood, and they can affect yours.
Example: Co-productions are valuable ways to spread the costs, and the wealth, in a animated production. Saskatchewan has a fantastic talent pool for film and animation, and many young talents waiting in the wings. The industry here has been around for decades, but really........we are just getting started, many projects are underway and more on the drawing boards.
With the tax credit gone, the viability of film productions of ANY KIND in my province vanish outright, and these might also be opportunities that that you too might lose out on. There's spill-over dollars at work here too, ancillary to the local and neighbouring economies and communities--with the incentive gone, that money will go elsewhere--perhaps even out-of-country.

So, please..........on my behalf, do take the time to sign the petition at the link I've posted here, and understand that your support and voice are very much greatly appreciated.

http://www.petitionhosting.com/petit...ures?start=700

Thank you!

--Ken Davis

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Your help is required.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »

That link didn't work for me.

I get "404 Not Found".
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »

Done.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.