Canadian Sightings & Provincial News > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

POC in Saskatchewan

(1/3) > >>

ARROW:
Seen a THIRD restock of POV wave 1 at a local Walmart, after having POC  wave 2 on the pegs last week--apparently one case of Wave 2 was put on the pegs and sold out lickedy-split.
There is some disparity in how the stores are stocking the Joes, because selection is all across the board depending on which store you visit.
Vehicles are not moving much at all, but most figures are. Dukes and Storm Shadows are common, Desert Battle Snake Eyes also.
I imagine that ones Wave 2 stock catches up, it'll be plentiful--but its hard to say because we are getting close to X-mas.
My guess is we could see stock of Wave 3 sometime in the next 2 months.

No sign of POC in major retailers other than Walmart here yet. TRU and Zellers have not stocked them..............yet.
My guess is once they do, it might become very easy to find what you want.

B:
interesting. In Manitoba I've yet to see any of wave 2 besides at the McPhillips Wal-Mart mentioned in another topic. I suppose I should go check again.

ARROW:
Most of my wave 2 finds have been at my LCS- but scored a Jungle Viper and a Destro at a Walmart.
Of note that my LCS is charging only $9.99 ea, where as the Wally price is $7.92--so the mark-up is not bad.

ARROW:
Seeing POC 1 still on the pegs here, restocks of some wave 2 vehicles like HISS tanks etc.....previous vehicles are NOT selling here. Christmas season will tell.
Of note: POC COBRA Commander figures are showing up on pegs here-- seen 3 in one store, 2 in another--so these are definitely NOT hard to find ( for a chase figure certainly).

Also of interest: ROC has disappeared at discount at TRU. only a lonely Baroness figure on the pegs at my area TRU, and some Rip Attack vehicles, did not see any of the previously plentiful Stingray sets.

Large stockpile of True Heroes ( Chap Mei) sets at TRU, a LOT of different military sets, Chinook copters, riverboats, F-22s, as well as Little Bird sets, and Fire-Police items, and seeing some Fantasy ( sword&sorcery) sets. These items are taking up one whole side of a row section, which used to share space with Joes--so the True Heroes brand is getting a big push at this time.

B:

--- Quote from: "ARROW" ---Seeing POC 1 still on the pegs here, restocks of some wave 2 vehicles like HISS tanks etc.....previous vehicles are NOT selling here. Christmas season will tell.
Of note: POC COBRA Commander figures are showing up on pegs here-- seen 3 in one store, 2 in another--so these are definitely NOT hard to find ( for a chase figure certainly).

Also of interest: ROC has disappeared at discount at TRU. only a lonely Baroness figure on the pegs at my area TRU, and some Rip Attack vehicles, did not see any of the previously plentiful Stingray sets.

Large stockpile of True Heroes ( Chap Mei) sets at TRU, a LOT of different military sets, Chinook copters, riverboats, F-22s, as well as Little Bird sets, and Fire-Police items, and seeing some Fantasy ( sword&sorcery) sets. These items are taking up one whole side of a row section, which used to share space with Joes--so the True Heroes brand is getting a big push at this time.

--- End quote ---

I have yet to see wave 2 at anywhere in Winnipeg's region besides the one at the one McPhilips Wal-mart or comic shops (and that was just one set). As for the True Heroes stuff I can't fathom why they're getting such a big push, no one I know has ever bought their stuff. Good ideas but average product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version