JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Did Hasbro over do it this year with action figures?  (Read 2090 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Did Hasbro over do it this year with action figures?
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

Just thought I would ask. 

Between Wolverine, MU, SW, TFs and now GI JOE it seems like they went for quantity over planning for most lines this year.  They most likely will report their best year ever in sales, but it seems like it will only be because they pumped out seemingly double the product of previous years.

Do you think JOE has suffered because of it?  MU?  Or is it just us who suffer with too much choice??  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Did Hasbro over do it this year with action figures?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »

personally, I love it all, not just Hasbro. If the 80's was the golden age for toys, this decade is the silver. I can't tell how many times I've been out looking for something in particular only to stumble across something else that catches my eye. Obviously I'm also getting hit hard in my wallet as prices seem to be getting a little out of hand. Anoher concern is to much stock being left over; however,  having a lot of choices is a nice problem to have.
 I say if people are buying, keep it coming.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »

My problem was I couldn't find all that I was looking for.
Captain America and Grey Hulk from the current wave of Marvel Universe, and Bullseye, flaming human torch from the first.
I have yet to see any of the last 2 waves of Joe figures, and the star wars figures are just as difficult - I just found a Count Dooku figure for my son today.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »

Flaming Human Torch wasn't actually part of the first wave - it will come later.  TRU seems to be the best place for CW figures.

But I do think they have over done it on figures this year.  But then, it is just a conscious decision to buy what you want and what you can afford.

I swore I wouldn't buy many TFs this year, but some of the movie ones are just plain cool and the mini ones for $3 and deluxe movie and Universe for $10 at Wal-Mart have been just too good to pass on.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

I think Hasbro has been overdoing it for a while, specifically with regard to GI Joe.

It frustrates me that the 25th line can be near-perfect at its best, but we get really lame repaints like Monkeywrench, Crankcase, Breaker, etc... I know they're going to reuse parts, but they seem to do it a bit too much in order to rush the product on the shelves. How many figures need those Duke arms, anyway?