JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: So. JoeCon 2012 exclusives and the figures sound/look better than the vehicles.  (Read 4674 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile

So the early reports are the following:

Boxset, obvious.  (So far the best looking part of the exclusives)

Freebie, Snarler Cycle repaint in dark green with OG/USSR markings.  (Don't care for the vehicle, and the new paint scheme doesn't change that)

Annihilator 3-pack (Have to wait and see, but I can see the club trying to reuse the helmet and shoulder pads from the other Annihilator club figure)

IG Ground Assault 2-pack  (Supposedly Darklon and someone else)

Cobra Stealth Paratrooper  (No idea, some early speculation on Iron Anvil, but doesn't really make sense)

OG Troop Transport Truck  (Indiana Jones Cargo Truck repaint.  Great toy, but I still have 5!!! and don't really care.  Only interesting thing is multiple roofs)

OG Attack Helicopter  (speculation is the ROC Dragonhawk, which if it is, another "meh")

This year sounds like a good set of figures, with a fairly uninspired set of vehicles.  Also, no mention of drivers with the vehicles.  Just waiting on pics right now, but early on I'm going to say last year was a better offering by the club.

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile

I was a little disappointed by the selections for the 2 and 3 - packs.  I was hoping to get some more OG figures.  I have a cool custom of Dragonski, so did not need him, but was thinking of some of the other guys, like Big Bear, etc.

Have to see the truck and helicopter.  Snarler is not bad. though I would not drop $90 on E-bay for it (one just sold at that price).

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile

I was a little disappointed by the selections for the 2 and 3 - packs.  I was hoping to get some more OG figures.  I have a cool custom of Dragonski, so did not need him, but was thinking of some of the other guys, like Big Bear, etc.

Have to see the truck and helicopter.  Snarler is not bad. though I would not drop $90 on E-bay for it (one just sold at that price).

Yeah, if the exclusives pan out as speculated, there will be demand, but it won't be anywhere near as much, price-wise, as last year.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile

I've had my Indian Jones cargo truck sitting on my table down stairs for a few weeks and I've been think it was a good candidate for the Oktober Guard.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Emags

• View Profile

I've had my Indian Jones cargo truck sitting on my table down stairs for a few weeks and I've been think it was a good candidate for the Oktober Guard.

I am not familiar with the truck.  Did OG use it in one of the old Marvel comics?

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile

This is the first set that I think is cool. OG vehicles?! Awesome!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

Emags

• View Profile

Some very aggressive sales prices on E-Bay tonight.....I am not that price sensitive, generally, but these are crazy!  Oh well, I'm presuming they will come down......there seems to be a lot of product.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

no, they'll go UP.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile

no, they'll go UP.

Actually I can see the prices not going too high for some items.  Specifically the IGs from the boxset, the Snarler repaint and possibly both vehicles.  These items don't seem to be drawing as much interest as the other figures and definitely not as much as last year's vehicles and figures, for the most part.

Of course it doesn't really matter as a pattern has formed where sellers cash out quickly for the most part, and then the online sellers sit on their stock at ridiculously high asking prices with nothing moving, thus leaving the impression that the value is higher than it actually is for the exclusives.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile

no, they'll go UP.

..for a short period of time only.. patience is a virtue

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile

Should also post my thoughts on the exclusives so far.

Darklon and Sergent Major.  Best of the at show exclusives.  Great execution on both figures/characters, although to be honest I think people are placing too high a value on the character.  However that is neither here nor there right now.  Great job.

Annihilators 3-pack.  Second best.  I love the use of the Lamprey's helmet.  Some have complained that it doesn't make them anonymous, but I think it is great, along with finally someone getting a reuse of the Matt Trakker helicopter pack.  Although I do have to be honest and say that I forgot how garish the colour scheme was for this character.  Ugh.  Still, a good choice and great execution.

The Indiana Jones Truck repaint is a nice idea, especially with the multiple covers, but I have this vehicle and while it is a great vehicle, I think the club over-reached with the execution.  The colour scheme is nice, but none of the covers actually fit with the vehicle in colour.  It would have been better to stick with one cover and add a character instead.  Just my opinion.

The Attack Helicopter.  Really, really, really nice paint scheme to make this vehicle "pop".  Too bad about the choice of vehicle though.  I like the mold, but it suffers from "modern cost-itis".  TOO SMALL!!!!!  This is a mold, like the ROC Night Raven, that should have been bigger.  It is nice, but not Con exclusive price nice. 

No sign still of the parachute drop figure, unless that 12" Cobra Soldier is it.