JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Transformers 25th anniversary figures are alright.  (Read 1797 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Transformers 25th anniversary figures are alright.
« on: May 16, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

Years ago I said "enough is enough" and limited myself to just collecting G.I. Joe. Sure, every now and then I might pick up the odd thing but I have so much stuff packed away in my attic I could fill a small store (thanks for nothing Todd McFarlane). ANyhow, about a week before the Canadian Joe Con I was in Walmart and say Transformers 25th anniversary figure on sale for $8.99 or something like that. They had Starscream, so what the heck, why not?

I wasn't sure if I was going to open it or not. I'm glad I did. What a GREAT toy. This is nothing like the StarScream from the 80's. This guy can move almost as well as a G.I. Joe. The transformation is great and both vehicle and robot mode look fantastic, plus he finally looks like he did in the cartoon. He now sit in front on my monitor I type this.

Today I was at the Walmart. I thought I would see if the quality was just as good in another Transformers 25th anniversary figure, so I picked up Cyclonus (with Nightstick). Vehicle mode was always a bit goofy for Cyclonus as he came out for the annimated movie but damn, even if it is too heavy on the spaceship side of things, this figure is also great. Plus, while I never had Cyclonus as a kid, I have had headmaster / gunmaster (or whatever they're called) side kicks. Nightstick total impressed me. He has 10 points of articulation. His freaking elbows bend and the legs are not one piece. This is way better then the original.

So yeah, these guys are currently cheaper then G.I. Joe right now and wicked fun. I'm probably going to pick up a few more.

Is there a Transformers version of yojoe where I can easily see all the Transformers from the 25th anniverary line?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers 25th anniversary figures are alright.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »

Cybertron.ca compiled a pretty good list of the recent Universe line.  Link

I've picked up most of these myself and would have to agree that there are some great classic figures in there.  And with Wal~Mart clearing them out at $8.97 each they're hard to resist!

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers 25th anniversary figures are alright.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »

I picked up the 25th Cosmos figure the other day at wal mart for 4 bucks and loved it as much as I did when I was a kid.