JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Rough Patch  (Read 1816 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Rough Patch
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:23:10 AM »

Fellow Joe Canuckers...

I know I have kind of disappeared from the board lately, and there's a reason for it.  So if you noticed me missing, I appreciate it.  And if you didn't, well, I'm going to come to your house and open all your MISB stuff  ;D

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch in my life right now.  It is of course girl related...a girl I have been dating for a little while who I really, really, really liked decided that she wasn't being fair to me because she wasn't giving me her everything because she still had feelings for an ex.  And she decided to follow those feelings by trying to work things out with him.  She was totally honest with me and had the guts to tell me to my face, so I can't be too upset with her, but needless to say it did hurt a little bit and thus I've been out of town etc to get the hell out of here.

I know I have a few trades in the works with a couple of board members, and I'll get back with you guys as soon as I dust myself off.  Then I'll be back to writing crappy reviews with REALLY crappy pictures on this good old Joe site  :wink:

Later guys,
Jerard aka olyeller01
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Rough Patch
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »

Been there myself in both your position and in her position. Neither one is a good place.

The girl I broke up with because I still had feelings for my ex turned out to be a great gal who moved out west for a few years. When she moved back years later she looked great and seemed very happy with her life. The ex that I left her for, well lets just say we haven't spoken in years. Our last conversation was me telling her she was jerking around another younger guy just like she did to me a few years before that and I walked away from her after I finally realized what she was like.

The girl that left me, well that is another long story with many twists. We became "friends" for a long time and hung out and it was like we were dating again but without the kissing and such. That dragged on for a while but I finally stopped calling her.

Eventually I met my wife when I was even trying and she is perfect for me. She supports my Joes and even looks for Vipers for me.

I know this sort of thing sucks right now, but in the long run it should work itself out. You know what they say, "Time heals all wounds".

It's true. Now go get yourself a copy of Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 and meet me on line and we'll shoot the crap out of each other.  :wink: That should help distract you for now.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

To echo Morg, I am sure everyhitng will work itself out. 

I am fortunate in having an awesome wife, but nothing is ever perfect. 

You should likely take a spin in that great car of yours and buy Joes to make yourself feel better.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:50:27 AM »

I was just thinking about you the other day and how I enjoy your reviews.
I'm sorry to hear your troubles.  As with Morgardee I've been there, most people have so your not alone when it comes to the pain you feel.  Don't be afraid to talk about it with friends and family and allow them to help get you through this tough time.  Distractions are good.  Also, the best thing to do ast this point is allow your girlfriend to explore her feelings and sort out the confusion in her life without interference.  Otherwise in the end you may suffer more.

I know it seems bleak right now but to touch on what Morg said "Time heals all wounds".
My wife being a Funeral Director puts a different perspective to that saying:  Time doesn't heal all wounds, it just makes the pain more bearable over time and it will one day become a  memory in that point in your life.  

All the best.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:36:26 PM »

Thanks for the support guys, and especially for the compliment on my reviews, RealBoss.  Pdaat, I took the new Stang out for a spin, and it just made me miss the OLD car, because I used to rip the crap out of the '02 when I was upset.  It was really satisfying to tear up in that car if for no other reason than it was loud.  I've GOTTA get some exhaust on the new one.

This situation is pretty tough because I liked this particular girl more than any girl ever.  On our first date we ended up sitting there and just talking for two and a half hours.  However, it's not the worst blow I've ever taken.  It definitely wasn't the first and I doubt it'll be the last.  I'll be fine.  And who knows, maybe I'll end up working things out with her in the end.  And if not...there will be other girls.

I was so busy running around chasing her & the new car etc that I kinda got away from my Joes.  But fortunately I did have some recent arrivals, and got the new awesome SNAKE armor off Target.com today.  Nothing like a little Joe purchasing to pick ya up.  Plus with a few more paychecks maybe I'll be able to make the new car run like the old one...
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!