JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My 2 year wedding anniversary  (Read 12519 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
My 2 year wedding anniversary
« on: August 18, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »

So yesterday was my 2 year wedding anniversary and what does my wife buy me? An X Box. Totally not expecting one of those. I have a PS2 (that my brother bought us as a wedding gift) and lots of games for that.

Anyhow, here's my question, anyone have any recommendations for games on the X Box. My brother and I like to go head to head (or co op) first person shooting games.

Looking for suggestions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 11:30:26 PM »

does halo have multiplayer?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 08:29:51 AM »

Yes it does. I've played and beaten it with my brother on his X box. Still, I think I'll get Halo anyhow. So far I've picked up Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Tides of War. Not a bad game so far but I like games with snipper rifles and I haven't found one of those in the game yet.
Any more suggestions anyone?

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: My 2 year wedding anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 11:30:26 AM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
So yesterday was my 2 year wedding anniversary and what does my wife buy me? An X Box. Totally not expecting one of those. I have a PS2 (that my brother bought us as a wedding gift) and lots of games for that.

Anyhow, here's my question, anyone have any recommendations for games on the X Box. My brother and I like to go head to head (or co op) first person shooting games.

Looking for suggestions.

Most of my games are shooters, Have you tried "Thirteen" a first person shooter but in comic book style graphics.  Very good game, also Medal of honor. Halo, Halo 2 coming soon.....december i think....i hope...? Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Armed and Dangerous,Ok this isnt a first person shooter but it's got a sniper rifle in it. also the coolest gun I have ever seen .....EVER..... a shark gun!!!!! shoots' land sharks! U gotta see it. those are my favs by shooter game standards!
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Chinooked Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:38:46 AM »

Quote from: ""Chinooked Canuck""

Looking for suggestions.

Most of my games are shooters, Have you tried "Thirteen" a first person shooter but in comic book style graphics.  Very good game, also Medal of honor. Halo, Halo 2 coming soon.....december i think....i hope...? Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Armed and Dangerous,Ok this isnt a first person shooter but it's got a sniper rifle in it. also the coolest gun I have ever seen .....EVER..... a shark gun!!!!! shoots' land sharks! U gotta see it. those are my favs by shooter game standards!

Oh by the way. happy anniversary!
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 01:23:31 PM »

Thanks! Oh, and I have 13 for the PS2. Loved that game.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 03:00:23 PM »

Jedi Outcast.......... play the Multiplayer option and you could go on for hours!

MIke

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 12:28:25 AM »

any Of the  Medal Of Honor  games   are  good  first person shooters, and  there's  sniper  rifles  in it too:)

happy Anniversary :thumbsup:
Zinthos.

Collectorman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 02:02:54 AM »

So yesterday was my 2 year wedding anniversary and what does my wife buy me? An X Box. Totally not expecting one of those.

Damn...I have a hard enough time getting girlfriends just to remember my birthday! Congrats man, she must be a special lady!
UCK!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 10:45:36 AM »

Quote from: ""Collectorman""
So yesterday was my 2 year wedding anniversary and what does my wife buy me? An X Box. Totally not expecting one of those.

Damn...I have a hard enough time getting girlfriends just to remember my birthday! Congrats man, she must be a special lady!

I like to think so. She went with me to the Florida Convention this year and had a good time there. She has even told me now that she gets it. By that she means she understands my love for G.I.Joe. I think I lucked out with her.

Anyhow, any more suggestions for first person shooter games?

jdfourn

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 09:02:54 AM »

Highly recommend Rainbow Six 3.  If you want co-op you'll have to pick up the sequel(or is that expansion?) Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow-it features split screen co-op play.  If you do pick these up try and get the headset-you can command your team with voice commands, you look like a geek but it's quite satisfying.   Other than that I'd have to second the Ghost Recon games, although they are a bit slower paced.  Good thing about GR is there is ALOT of opportunity for using the sniper rifle and it's only about $30.

Hope this helps
JASON