JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Skyway Toy Show  (Read 9855 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Skyway Toy Show
« on: October 18, 2004, 11:25:08 AM »

I didn't make it on Sunday to the toy show in Mississauga, was wondering if anyone went, and how it was.  I usually l try to make it to this one, as I find it is the first of the big ones in the GTA, so the selection is usually good, and you usually get great prices.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Skyway Toy Show
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:46:04 AM »

I didn't go for a few of reasons.

a) I have the entire run of vintage GI JOES.  It's pretty well the only think I collect.  

b) If you don't go early, you miss out on the army builders.  Plus, I don't army build any more with vintage items.  I got enough of the Cobra Infantry packs this year to get my fix.   Plus the days of finding cheap army builders died a couple years ago. They are often over priced.

c) I know most of the dealers.  I can go visit them before a toy show and find out what they have.

d) The last show I went, I was disgusted to see the MacFlarland Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey players being sold for those prices.  Some of the figures were released a week before the show and were all raided at the TRUs I went.  This killed my trill of the hunt to go to shows.

e) These so called early bird's are a joke.  All the good stuff is usually gone by the time the show starts.  

f) I dropped about 300-400 bucks at Miko's.  This was unexpected.

3 years, I would have been at this show.  Now I just go once a year to the international one.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Skyway Toy Show
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 06:01:57 PM »

I went, and I actually set up at the show this year.
First time since I met Pete The Greek (3 years ago!).

I liked it. I saw a great selection of vintage Star Wars items and SOME good priced Joes.
I was set up right behind Jason from 'When I Was Young'. Great guy. I've never met him before. I was also right near Mike from Womprat.com.
Also a good guy.

All in all I liked this one WAY more than others!
mike