JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Epcot, Martin Short, Joe Canuck, and more importantly my son, Christian  (Read 12089 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

Yesterday my son Christian and I were at Epcot Disney (Florida) and in the Canada section of the park they've got that 360 degree movie theater.   Any of you guys seen this?  The movie's name was "O Canada" I think, pretty cool with the movie screens all the way around the room.  It was hosted/narrated by Martin Short who apparently was born in Hamilton (reminded me of you guys).  It showed some other actors from Canada like Michael J Fox and William Shatner (didn't know that). 

Any of you guys seen this?

Speaking of my son, you guys may remember he was the one conked out asleep on the floor at the 2010 con while I was digging in Nova's accessory bins!  Mike took a picture and included it in the newsletter.  He has been recently diagnosed with a life threatening heart condition, we are praying for a miracle and asking God to lead us in making the right decisions.  The doctors are wanting to put in a difibulator.  I read that there was a new procedure done in Canada that seemed better (less invasive).  Anybody know anything about this?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:23:47 PM by turner »

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

I told my son I wrote about him to you guys, he asked me if there were any responses.  So, feel free to respond guys, might mean something to him.

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

When my Daughter was born, she had a serious heart condition. At 4 months old, she had open heart surgery. almost a complete tetrology.
from the time she was born, to the time she had this surgery, she didnt gain a ounce. lucky for us, she was over 10 lbs at birth.
6 days after her surgery, she was home, gaining weight, and bouncing off the walls. She has had health issues since, but nothing major. just asthma and a shitload of ear infections. She cant be stopped and is tough as nails.
She had a residual murmur, which has now healed. we were just told this a few days ago, at a follow up app.
She has a kevlar patch covering the hole in her heart. The doctor says she is permanently fixed.
Here in Ottawa, we have the best heart surgeons and hospital, I would say, in the country.
C.H.E.O. does wonders for kids. Tell your son to be brave, and I will keep your family in my thoughts.
Anything I can do to help out, please let me know.
J

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile

This is out of my knowledge but I your stories has touched my heart, I wish both you guys the very best, and you have my prayers and thoughts.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

It showed some other actors from Canada like Michael J Fox and William Shatner (didn't know that). 

You can also add more like Pamela Anderson  ::) , Jim Carrey, CĂ©line Dion  ;D , etc.

He has been recently diagnosed with a life threatening heart condition, we are praying for a miracle and asking God to lead us in making the right decisions. The doctors are wanting to put in a difibulator. I read that there was a new procedure done in Canada that seemed better (less invasive). Anybody know anything about this?

Sorry to hear this. I wish you all the best. Unfortunately, I know nothing about this  :-[ .

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

good luck with your kid. that's sucky as hell.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Hi Turner, of course we remember both of you. I recall very well that your son was generous to offer me some candy when you and me introduced each other. I can't remember the name of the candy but I remember beeing surprised when it started popping in my mouth. My first thought: "poisoned by a kid!!!!" No, but seriously, I really enjoyed it, and the fact that you came from all the way down south and brought your son along to be amongst us was the highlight of the convention that year.

It is the first time I hear about the procedure that you are referring to. Tell him to be strong, and that he won't be alone. I'm going to talk to my wife about him so that we can keep both him in our prayers. Yo-Joe  :)

2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Wow, talking to my wife was a good idea. She says that the new alternative to open heart surgery, is actually called a "robot- assisted heart surgery". She can't remember the exact name for the coronary procedure but says that in order for a patient to undergoe this kind of procedure, he's required to meet certain medical conditions.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

The "Da Vinci Surgical System", a robot assisted way of doing surgery that is less invasive and highly precise. My wife kicked me out from the computer to get me the link she read about it a while ago. I think it pretty much confirms what Propergrounds mentionned before, which is a very encouraging start. I know that the article focuses on cancer patients but the link is outdated so the surgical applications may have reach a greater range by now.

http://ohfoundation.ca/newsroom/2012/robotic-assisted-surgery-officially-unveiled

2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile

I remember that con well! Great talk in the line up.
You, your son and family are in my thoughts.

If miracles didn't happen, there wouldn't be a word for it.
All the best, my friend.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

kurt_eh

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Epcot, Martin Short, Joe Canuck, and more importantly my son, Christian
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »

Best wishes for your family. 

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Epcot, Martin Short, Joe Canuck, and more importantly my son, Christian
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »

Turner - sorry to hear what your son is going through.  A nightmare of any parent.  My prayers are with you.

What is the young man into?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.